Having second thoughts on to Emile or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We generally frown upon indecision here, my friend. We're here to advise you on how to build, not what to build - the choice is yours entirely. Personally, I'd select whatever comes easier to you - maybe work on a default Mk V set and then add the extras once you've built some confidence.

@Arcanine
Sorry that might of came out wrong the way i was trying to say it was that in the build posts all i see is oh no not another Emile build or yes another carter build get over it bla bla bla. But Im just curious as to what people want to see more I have no problem building either. And built confidence? whats that supposed to mean? Just cause i ask an honest question suddenly i am not confident what? or am I getting the wrong message here?

Please no judgements. As Krikeny said, first timer, so he may not be familiar to the 405th guidelines. Its an innocent question. Dont make this anymore complicated.

I've been noticing that you make a lot of individual threads in the forums, all with individual questions and indecision.

We're not telling you that you are not confident, but we would rather you keep all of your build questions in one place. Better yet, send PMs to people or comment on threads asking these questions. Creating separate threads in the forums clogs up the pipeline from actual content threads and it's easy to lose multiple threads that you may have.

So my suggestion would be to create a build thread and stick with it and keep your questions in there. But also remember that double-posting and triple-posting is discouraged so just edit original posts if no one else has made comments.

As for your question, the build is completely up to you whether or not you should do Emile or Carter. You can do both! There was no rule saying you have to make just one one only one. What ever decision you may have, just stick with it and see it to the end, that is my advice.

We want to help you, don't be discouraged. But we also have guidelines that we would like followed to make the forum experience as smooth as possible. :)

Confidence in your ability to complete the task, that is.

I think there are three methods of selecting a build:

1) Design - "That's seriously badass armor!"

2) Character - "I'm dressing up as my favourite, Emile"

3) Difficulty - "I think this is going to be the easiest to start with"

I'd submit that 3 will result in a sub-par result because you have no real connection to the work- it's going through the motions for the sake of going through the motions. Most likely you'll quit half-way through (not necesscarily a bad thing in and of itself though, if it gains you the experience required).

On the other hand, 1 will likely result in an over-reach that is also sub-par or an unsatisfactory result, certainly for beginners. I know, I'm overreaching on my build right now and shocking myself with my own abilities that I never knew I had. It could have just as easily gone the other way though; this is probably more for builders with one or two projects under their belt.

Which leaves 2, which is probably the most important; the one you feel the deepest connection to, personality- or story-wise, is probably the one you'll end up both finishing and putting the extra effort into for a good result. The result is its own motivation.

So, you pick. Who do you like more? If you're ambivalent, what about an entirely different character? There's always room for more Master Chiefs, y'know?

(And feel grateful that men have all these options! How many Kat and Dare builds are we up to now?)

Please no judgements. As Krikeny said, first timer, so he may not be familiar to the 405th guidelines. Its an innocent question. Dont make this anymore complicated.

Easy there, tiger. I'm not trying to step on any toes; I'm simply offering advice that I'd lend to any newcomer.

i was trying to say it was that in the build posts all i see is oh no not another Emile build or yes another carter build get over it bla bla bla. But Im just curious as to what people want to see more I have no problem building either.

Honestly, nobody here is going to tire of seeing certain builds - the idea here is that you build what you would like to wear. What anybody else thinks is irrelevant; as long as when you step out at a deployment feeling proud of your hard work, you could be wearing any costume at all. That's regardless of whether or not it's a custom build or a story character build - we have dozens of Master Chief, Kat and ODST builds, but that doesn't matter to us. What matters is that we're part of a community that wears our creations with pride.

It's nobody's business here but yours what you build. The only person whose opinion truly matters is yours, so select something and make it yours.

And built confidence? whats that supposed to mean? Just cause i ask an honest question suddenly i am not confident what? or am I getting the wrong message here?

I'm afraid you are - what I meant by what I said was that as you construct your costume, you'll develop your skills and confidence in your ability. You mentioned that you didn't want to begin a build and push yourself too hard - to me, that suggests that you're a beginning costumer and you're learning the ropes. That's honestly fine, which is why I suggested perhaps a simpler build to help you gain and enhance the skills you'll need later on down the line. Personally, I'd say that constructing a default Noble 6 costume would be a fantastic start for you, and there's ample opportunity down the line to further refine your skills by altering that original build from a default state into either a Carter or an Emile build once you've had the chance to get into the process.

I wish you all the best of luck in your build, and I look forward to seeing pictures and progress from you.

Honestly I say go for it. You are going to mess up your first time period. It may be you make the armor to small to big or break something or you did glue the pep right. You will mess up I promise you that. It could be a large problem or small. Your first build is "Your first build" it may be perfect it but more than likely it will be flawed. I am work on my ODST helmet and I have made mistakes. The mistake are not gluing properly to much of this or that granted these mistakes are fixable but they can still take hours to tweek. Just make a decision yes the emile armor is difficult. Mostly because of the helmet but any helmet is going to be difficult you first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back