Halo 4 Venator Spartan IV "Complete"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First Build - Venator Spartan suit

If it was me, i would attach a small hinge to the helmet and the attachment. That would allow it to swing open, but still be permanently attached. You could then keep it closed using rare earth magnets. But that's just me. Good luck with everything.

I've seen people use high-strength magnets. A non-mechanical attachment (clip, etc) probably isn't the best way to go about things since it'll be difficult to get your hands in there to unbuckle the back panel if you're in a hurry.

If you're feeling fruity, you could create a small guidance rail out of some aluminium dowel and have a magnetic system to secure the helmet in place? With that method there's little risk of the back panel flopping off and away.

Thanks for the advice!
I've opted in for a metal rail and the magnetic option, using 4-5 magnets is about 800-1000g of support, the back panel is about 150g.

Thanks for the advice!
I've opted in for a metal rail and the magnetic option, using 4-5 magnets is about 800-1000g of support, the back panel is about 150g.

That's probably overkill, but good luck!

That's probably overkill, but good luck!
I'll keep you posted on how the Test Helmet handles it.

Undersuit - Help!
I've been meaning to ask about undersuits.
I've been looking everywhere for one that come as leggings,long sleeve top and head / neck cover "not a single suit"
I came across Under Armour, they look good, but was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that won't cook me or be too revealing.

The reason I'm going for a 2 piece suit is down to myself being diabetic "I need access to my stomach for injections"

I'll keep you posted on how the Test Helmet handles it.

Undersuit - Help!
I've been meaning to ask about undersuits.
I've been looking everywhere for one that come as leggings,long sleeve top and head / neck cover "not a single suit"
I came across Under Armour, they look good, but was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that won't cook me or be too revealing.

The reason I'm going for a 2 piece suit is down to myself being diabetic "I need access to my stomach for injections"

I'd suggest a two-piece Zentai/morph suit, if you can find one. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be hard to slit the belly area open and sew a zipper on the new opening to help you out when you need your medications - assuming you know somebody that's halfway-decent with sewing.

I'll do some research for you, see what I can find.

I'd suggest a two-piece Zentai/morph suit, if you can find one. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be hard to slit the belly area open and sew a zipper on the new opening to help you out when you need your medications - assuming you know somebody that's halfway-decent with sewing.

I'll do some research for you, see what I can find.

I've seen a morph suit up close, the material itself could be cut, but there's a zip which cannot.
The Zentai suits I've seen look like a similar case.
As for someone who can sew, I could just go to 1 of 3 family members who are in that are of business :)
Thank you!

I've seen a morph suit up close, the material itself could be cut, but there's a zip which cannot.Thank you!

That was sort of my point. I own a morph suit myself, and I'm planning to use it as the basis for my own G2 undersuit - my idea was that you could slit the belly open horizontally, enough to access the area you'd need to get at to administer your medications. It would probably be a lot less of an issue to do that than, say, have a one-piece kit that you're constantly fumbling at to remove when it's time.

I'm still doing some research, though.

That was sort of my point. I own a morph suit myself, and I'm planning to use it as the basis for my own G2 undersuit - my idea was that you could slit the belly open horizontally, enough to access the area you'd need to get at to administer your medications. It would probably be a lot less of an issue to do that than, say, have a one-piece kit that you're constantly fumbling at to remove when it's time.

I'm still doing some research, though.

Just come across a good deal on an Under Armour Heat Gear set through Amazon, should easily be able to modify for adding poppers, clips or magnets to attach the armour.
The under armour is designed to keep the wearer cool, so that should be a bonus for when I get over to Australia.

Underdog410

Update
I really need to re-learn how to use a forum properly...
for researching to find posts / Threads

I agree. Sometimes it seems the forums respond as I would expect and other times they respond with things which have NO bearing on what I was searching for. Just have to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Just come across a good deal on an Under Armour Heat Gear set through Amazon, should easily be able to modify for adding poppers, clips or magnets to attach the armour.
The under armour is designed to keep the wearer cool, so that should be a bonus for when I get over to Australia.

Definitely. I can't imagine that trooping in +100F heat is going to be incredibly comfortable, so anything that gives you the edge on the heat is going to be a massive bonus.

I agree. Sometimes it seems the forums respond as I would expect and other times they respond with things which have NO bearing on what I was searching for. Just have to figure out what I am doing wrong.

This thread probably isn't the best place for you to be airing your grievances about how the forum functions. However, if you're having issues, please contact myself or a Staff member, and we'll do what we can to resolve the issue promptly.

@Chernobyl

Thanks again for all your help!
Will keep you posted on progress.

This thread probably isn't the best place for you to be airing your grievances about how the forum functions. However, if you're having issues, please contact myself or a Staff member, and we'll do what we can to resolve the issue promptly.

Sorry for the misunderstanding - I wasn't airing any grievances at all about the forums, but my inability to understand them. The web site works as described but my brain doesn't. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Venator Helmet - V2
I've finished the construction of the new helmet.
Its much lighter, has more room and feels stronger.

Venator-0023.jpgVenator-0025.jpgVenator-0024.jpgVenator-0026.jpg

Tasks Remaining
- Repair superficial damage
- Clean up
- Attach metal panels to Helmet structure
- Attach Magnets to Backplate
- Apply final Paint Job!

Upcoming Weapon
Venator-0027.jpg
"This will take some time"

Hey ArcTek,

first of all, awesome built dude, it looks very nice and i want to do an Venator suit too (from foam). But i dont got the files for the gauntlets and the codpiece. The buttplate, as it is called, was within the xg-89 Narrow armorpack, along with the boot, shin and thigh, but not the codpiece and the gauntlets, Could you help me out?

my english isnt very good i think, hope you understand it all:)

Loving this build! Sucks about all the complications, but it's good you're working around them. Also, is it just me, or does the Venator helm look like the base Infinity Blade helm?
225px-Siris.png

Hey ArcTek,

first of all, awesome built dude, it looks very nice and i want to do an Venator suit too (from foam). But i dont got the files for the gauntlets and the codpiece. The buttplate, as it is called, was within the xg-89 Narrow armorpack, along with the boot, shin and thigh, but not the codpiece and the gauntlets, Could you help me out?

my english isnt very good i think, hope you understand it all:)

I've been researching to start this build too and so far the closest forearm I've come up with is the Contour. Seems to match the style at least. Here's the location: http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=972
For the front Cod piece I've noticed that the lower part of this Master Chief cod is pretty close: http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=828
Don't forget to read the new recruit threads! :D
The BorosBoss That is definitely a good comparison. I like the Dead Space vibe to it too.

ArcTek - Nice work man! Would love to see more progress/finished pics. I think I'll start a thread to document my progress too. I'm setting a goal to finish it in two months... I know a little ambitious for my first build. Maybe we can pull each other along? Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Apologies to everyone I have yet to get back to, just got the notifications today.

@Yoschi
I'll have a look around on my laptop for you and get the files requested, uploaded to my web storage so you can get access to them.
They are all foam.

@The BorosBoss
Thanks.
Its been a wave of trial and error mostly, which is what makes it challenging but fun.
It looks a little bit like the infinity blade helmet, but it reminds me more of the helmet from deadspace.
dead-space-3.jpg

@PerniciousDuke
It took a lot of digging to find the XG-89 Narrows armour set and Venator body peps.
I'm not even sure I have the content bookmarked still, But I have all the files if you need any.

Thanks. That request can be made, I finished the suit 30 minutes before the midnight launch of Halo 5...
Panic mode was engaged. :D

That is a very ambitious timeline you have set, I'de be happy to give you advice where I can.
best of luck to you Spartan!

Final Build of my first Spartan build
Finished just on time for Halo 5's midnight launch.
I attended my Local Game store for the release.

Venator-0028.jpgVenator-0029.jpg

Finish build attachments not working in your last post? It says to contact the administrators, but I'm not sure which one??

<edit> Images are there now. :)

Turned out awesome. White is hard to do, but your paint job looks great.

@Yoschi
I found all of the Venator Files I used and worked with and have uploaded them to my webspace for convenience.
Titan Studios | Halo 4 Venator [Full Set]

@PerniciousDuke
Thank you :)
I found white quiet easy to work with.
I sprayed the entire suit in 2-3 coats of Montana Gold - Marbel Color, Then used masking tape around areas I wanted to paint the red on, then applied Red Acrylic paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back