Master Chief's secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf260

I don't know who has seen this and who hasn't. But those who like halo follower probably have. I just saw this today and I was totally blown away. I've heard that chief had something to do with forerunners but not on this scale. Let this video explain what I mean!

-Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
The only parts I weren't already aware of were the conversion of Bornstellar to the Iso-Didact and the Librarian's "seeding" of Earth. Or rather, her "seeding" I interpreted as seeding with the precursors of modern humanity. If that guy's interpretation is true, 343i were absolutely right to initiate a second trilogy. The story- Chief's story, anyway- isn't complete until he comes to understand himself and his place in the galaxy.

It would be nice, though, if people trying to put together a serious argument wouldn't pronounce "sentient" as "sentinent", "librarian" as "liberian", etc. It was a little hard to get though with all the mispronunciations scattered around.

I think everyone's been confused by Guilty Spark's monologue there though. It was never addressed... Maybe Bungie didn't see the need to complicate matters and just left it untouched in the bible that presumably 343i now have? Maybe 343i found it and decided it could be used as a jumping off point for their own "fanfic". I dunno. It would be fascinating to know if it was truly intended from the get go though. There must be a reason for that monologue... For the purposes, any other speech could have been used, but they went with that.

Maybe this part of the story was Bungie's original intent with the MC trilogy but the story led off somewhere else in the end? Or they felt they couldn't really do the Forerunners justice without having a reason to properly introduce them first- the Ark, etc. So it became the Battle of Earth instead.

Having not played Halo 4 I'm a little in the dark, but it's a cogent reasoning. The question is, I suppose, if true, what aspect of Chief is Forerunner, and how does it affect him? He seems to strongly retain his humanity and be generally ambivalent toward Guilty Spark. Perhaps it's simply the ability to deal with the Flood. Is it, somehow, the reason for his "luck"? Somehow the galaxy is responding to his "Forerunner-ness" without the aid of their megascale engineering devices? Sounds a bit handwavy.

That two betrayals cutscene really sealed the deal for me, I mean I suppose it's possible that Guilty Spark is already in the early stages of Rampancy and so is hallucinating that Chief is the didact, but I doubt it.

The part with the arbiter at the end is interesting, maybe the Arbiter thinks there are more seeds somewhere on Earth? Since the covenant usually know more than the humans about the forerunners (even if it is just religious rhetoric), and since the Arbiter is sort of a 'holy leader,' maybe the prophets told him something? This is just speculation on my part, but who knows?

To answer RobTC, I'd say that Chief isn't really forerunner at all, but rather has impulses that are similar to the person he was seeded with. They can't be amazingly strong impulses, though, because every time Chief has been asked to fire the rings he hasn't. The didact did, so maybe chief can resist the impulses?

This brings up another question, how did the librarian seed Chief if he wasn't born yet? Did she seed his ancestors and make sure the seed was hibernating until it met certain circumstances? Or did she use forerunner slipspace technology and seed him in the future?

The way I understand the 'geas' from the forerunner trilogy is a quite vague genetic memory. Used to imprint the Humans who lived on the array for a time with information that would lead, eventually, to them rebuilding a spacefaring society and creating fairly specific technologies.
Essentially, and this is where it gets hard to comprehend if you know anything about genetics, the Librarian changed just enough about Humanities genetics to almost certainly lead to spartan-esq development, certain types of bio-engineering and certain types of scientists who would make the breakthroughs in these fields.

The bit I'm sceptical about is the geas playing a significant role in character development hundreds of thousands of years down the track, we saw in the Forerunner trilogy that even then the geas was quite a weak impulse that did indeed push certain buttons, but not really whole characters.

If I were to drop my scepticism for a moment and go along similar but different lines to HaloFollowers fairly mad theory, I'd guess that John has just enough of this genetic memory left to be able lead Humanity in seizing the Mantle of Responsibility as the Precursors intended. After all, the Mantle is the largest plot point within the whole series, the idea that the strongest(and preferably wisest) civilisation in the galaxy must protect all life within it.

Why is Halo 5 named Guardians? What do Guardians do? They protect things. In this case, life as we know it.
This somewhat leads me to think that the Flood or something related are coming back as greater threat.

The way I understand the 'geas' from the forerunner trilogy is a quite vague genetic memory. Used to imprint the Humans who lived on the array for a time with information that would lead, eventually, to them rebuilding a spacefaring society and creating fairly specific technologies. Essentially, and this is where it gets hard to comprehend if you know anything about genetics, the Librarian changed just enough about Humanities genetics to almost certainly lead to spartan-esq development, certain types of bio-engineering and certain types of scientists who would make the breakthroughs in these fields.

Our fantastic offers for free ccna study materials dumps and sas certification study security+ exam prepare you well for the final ccnp book - pass4-sure exam and www.kumc.edu papers with great success of Johns Hopkins University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back