Soft Parts Fan Film Soft Props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugzz Deluxxxe

Hey 405th. It's been ages since I posted anything on here. Most of my stuff has been going on the RPF, but this project is 100% Halo-geared, so I figured I'd put it on here first. I'm in the process of doing pre-production on a fan film and I'll be putting some progress up as I go. It's more of a civilian/political story as opposed to military and action packed. The most fun I've had so far is coming up with Halo Universe products to have in the film. I don't want the movie to be too saturated with references, but there will definitely be some familiar brands and logos. For Example:

JOTUN Hat.jpg

Had this bad boy custom embroidered on Zazzle. I'll be adding more stuff as we go, and I'll be dropping some updates about when primary photography starts. So let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas for Canon Brands/Logos you'd like to see, let me know. Questions? Comments? Concerns? All welcome.

Attachments

• 20141121_151300.jpg
    20141121_151300.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 312
could you put a business that isn't in the game but would love for it to be because I can think of a few.

well here's a few that I got SBPC (soy by products company; because in the books civilians where eating soy meats why'll soldiers got beef and pork.). high lands ship yards, (could be a ship yard in Scott land.). and howlers gas pumping/ suntan gas a gas mine in orbit around a gas giant if you have one in your story local system.

Here's another soft prop that will be making its way into the movie.

20141122_233827.jpg

well here's a few that I got SBPC (soy by products company; because in the books civilians where eating soy meats why'll soldiers got beef and pork.). high lands ship yards, (could be a ship yard in Scott land.). and howlers gas pumping/ suntan gas a gas mine in orbit around a gas giant if you have one in your story local system.

Those are great. The story takes place in the Hellespont system where Troy is the only planet confirmed by canon, so there's nothing that says there isn't a gas giant in there somewhere.

So, we're getting close to finalizing the script and it occurred to me that I didn't know how to pronounce JOTUN. I know that seems like a stupid little detail, but it has relevance to the story and mispronunciations are one of my biggest peeves in movies. So I took to the interwebs to find out how it was pronounced. I thought maybe it'd be in Contact Harvest, like how some books have pronunciations in the front or back, but no luck. I found out that it was actually spoken in the New Alexandria mission in Halo: Reach (Here at 12:55) They pronounce it JAH-TUN. I had always pronounced it JOE-TUN. Normally I would go with what's in the games, but seeing as how Jotun is a Norse word, I wanted to see how it was actually pronounced in the old tongue. Turns out it's pronounced YO-TUN with a soft J. I think I'll go with that. Most of the terminology and place names from Harvest come from Norse mythology and the way I see it, some grunt on Reach isn't gonna know how to pronounce it properly. Also, when in doubt, go with the original pronunciation, it'll **** off the least amount of people, lol.

well I could have pointed you to an halo audio book that had it in it. but then again I have to is there going to be an AI in it, because it seems every company has dumb one.

We won't see a JOTUN dumb AI, however we may get a small glimpse of a smart AI used by ONI that handles counter-intrusion. But it's still up in the air.

I'm in the process of coming up with concepts for Halo Themed Warfare Badges. For those of you who aren't familiar with what a warfare badge is, sit down... it's story time.

Well it's not that long of an explanation. Basically when you're in the military and you've been doing a certain job or been in a certain unit for long enough, you get a warfare badge to signify your service. So if you've been stationed on a ship for long enough, you can get a Surface Warfare Badge. If you've been in the Intelligence sector long enough you'll receive an Information Dominance Warfare Badge. The US Navy generally has ships or submarines on their surface/subsurface badges, so seeing as how the UNSC Navy is the Space Navy, I figured I'd make a few halo themed badges that will ultimately be worn by the film's 2 uniformed characters. They'll both be wearing working uniforms so the badges will be displayed above their ribbons. Anyway, here are a few concepts to give you an idea of where I'm going. I plan on sculpting them then casting them in resin with metal flake so give them the metal look.

View attachment 8663

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back