Props Fan Film Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold is generally worn by officers while silver is generally an enlisted badge.

That is interesting because traditionally in the military silver ranks ahead of gold. I doubt Bungie and 343i dug that deep. The reason is that farther back in history the gold is actually brass and ranked accordingly. As a second lieutenant, I gave up my gold bars for silver to get promoted to first lieutenant. Then again as a major, I turned in my gold oak leaves for silver as I pinned on lieutenant colonel. It seems a bit counter intuitive these days, but we do value traditions. While all the services share this tradition for ranks even today, I can't speak for all on badges as the Air Force uses silver across the board while the Navy loves brass.

Redshirt

That is interesting because traditionally in the military silver ranks ahead of gold. I doubt Bungie and 343i dug that deep. The reason is that farther back in history the gold is actually brass and ranked accordingly. As a second lieutenant, I gave up my gold bars for silver to get promoted to first lieutenant. Then again as a major, I turned in my gold oak leaves for silver as I pinned on lieutenant colonel. It seems a bit counter intuitive these days, but we do value traditions. While all the services share this tradition for ranks even today, I can't speak for all on badges as the Air Force uses silver across the board while the Navy loves brass.

Redshirt

Yeah the Navy does love their brass. It is kinda strange. One of the characters that will be wearing the officer badges will be a Commander, which is an O-5, same as an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel, so he'll be wearing silver rank devices with gold warfare badges.

So once again, casting issues have caused the project to be held up again. It wouldn't have been an issue, but I had a pretty solid deadline, due to the fact that I am moving to California at the end of the month. So once the deadline came and went, and I didn't have the full cast, I had to push things back again. But the main reason for this post is that I promised to put my 3D models up for use, but only after the film was done. As that may be a ways ahead, I don't want anyone to have to wait that long. I've already been asked about it by multiple people so I decided to release them ahead of schedule. They're nothing crazy, but I hope you all like them anyway.

So the first one, and the one I've been asked most about is Kat's TacPad from Halo Reach. I modeled this to be used with a 10cm x 10cm (sorry Nintendstroid, I had said 2"x 2" in my PM) EL Panel. We did that in place of an actual LCD screen simply because it was faster. The EL panel would give off the proper amount of light and then we could add whatever we wanted in post.

Second is the Spoofer. It was modeled to be used with a 5th Generation iPod Video, a 9V battery, and more EL Panel for the back-lit buttons. This bad boy can be seen earlier in the thread.

Lastly is the Halo Reach Data Module. This is the one seen in the first and second mission of Halo Reach. I modeled it to be used as a flash drive. It prints in 3 parts, the top housing, bottom housing, and the cap. The top and bottom housing fit perfectly around this flashdrive. The cap fit's decently well, but it's a tad loose. A slight modification may be needed to fix it so it fits snugly. Also, the pin isn't in the model as I had planed to laser cut it out of Gold-on-Black Laserable Plastic. This guy never made it onto the thread as I had a super-secret plan for using it, but it's a super fun little prop and would make a great addition to a cosplay, so I figured what the Blam!

So there you go. I'll try and keep you guys updated on the project post-move. Too many fan films never make it past pre-production and I don't want to be added to that list, so here's hoping I can get things rolling in California. Happy Printing!

Well everyone, it's been a crazy couple of months, but I made it out to California, got a job, and an apartment. The next step is getting to know some people that do film in the area, then I can get the short film back on track. I've still got all the pre-production and props. There are a few things that need to be finished, but all in all, a cast is really all I need at this point. I'll keep you guys updated as best I can in the coming months as I attempt to get the ball rolling.

everything looks nice... as for the title.. my name is actualy Troyal... i had the biggest smile when i saw the picture....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back