Props Fan Film Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!!!

So I got the support off the print and I put it together for a test fit. Here is a quick pic of the Spoofer with the LCD screen in and on. I 3D modeled the dimensions just right so I don't actually have to fasten the screen in, it just kinda pops in there. Same with the magnets I used to attach the access panel.

20150414_000737.jpg

And below, I took a quick video showing the innards of the spoofer and how it all goes together. My iPod was dead when I took this, so the video isn't going, but you can see where everything sits.

Let me know what you guys think. As always, questions, comments, critiques, all welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey 405th! I received my shipment from Adafruit yesterday. It had 3 EL Panels, two of which will become the back lights for the key-pad on the Spoofer. I ordered an extra just in case. It's not a bad habit to get into. But since I've got an extra, I was thinking of ways to use it and figured I'd model something in Solidworks.

TacPad ISO 1.png

TacPad ISO 2.png

Who can tell me what it is? It's slightly modified of course.

If I decide to actually 3D print it, it will be a proof of concept. I plan on using the EL Panel as a screen, but it will just create the glow. The actual contents of the screen would be added in post. That's how it works in my head anyway, lol. Either way it'll be a cool prop to make. This was just kind of a side-project. Besides, you can never have too many Halo themed CNC-ready 3d Models.

So this happened.

20150424_095125.jpg

The pic above is pre-acid bath. The ones below, however, are after a 3 hour long soak.

20150424_161653.jpg

20150424_161707.jpg

I'll have more pics later after I play with the EL Panel screen and inverter.

Just a quick sneak peek at what I'm working on today.
20150427_225640.jpg

20150428_135822.jpg

eventually I'll release the second pic without the redactions.

looks good by what I can make out... by any chance can you clean up the text or post what it say's because its hard to read. and if you need covenant text/ sysbloms I do have a arvich of hbo, bungie, waypoint docs so I could find them if you need them.

looks good by what I can make out... by any chance can you clean up the text or post what it say's because its hard to read. and if you need covenant text/ sysbloms I do have a arvich of hbo, bungie, waypoint docs so I could find them if you need them.

Or I could share the fonts I have. I think I have two covenant fonts and one forerunner font.

I've got three covenant and four forerunners... and quite a bit of elite langue as well, don't ask its got a lot of work left to be done.

Hey 405th! Got some updates for ya! The Spoofer is sooooo close to being done. I've just got to wire the electronics together and we'll be in business. I got the keypad working today. I got some EL panel from Adafruit.

20150430_195324.jpg

Then I chopped it down to size so it would fit in the keypad slots. As you can see, I had to open the holes at the bottom of the keypad slots so it would fit. The original plan was to have two separate EL Panels for each slot, but I figured it would be easier to wire and power if it were just one cut up into the proper shape.

20150430_195259.jpg

Next, I fed the Panel through the gaps in the bottom and turned the sucker on.

20150430_195242.jpg

I painted some clear acrylic black, then I etched it and cut it in the laser cutter. After that, I fitted them into the slots.

20150430_194650.jpg

Oh and as you can see I painted the Spoofer. Here's a better picture of the paint job.

20150430_194756.jpg

Once everything gets wired up, I'll adhere the keypad into the slots. Then everything will work... hopefully. Let me know what you guys think. Any questions, comments, and critiques are welcome.

The Spoofer's just about done, I just have to shrink the power supply so it'll all fit in the case. While I've been working on that, however, I've been mucking around in SolidWorks. I had originally sculpted one of these, but the cast came out larger and bulkier than I wanted. Not sure if I'll print these, as they're extremely small, but they're good for coming up with a design that works in 2.5D. I made a Space Warfare Badge, which is a take on the Navy's Surface Warfare Badge, as well as a Frigate Combat Patrol Warfare Badge, which riffs off of the Submarine Combat Patrol Warfare Badge.

Space Warfare.png

Frigate Combat Patrol.png

Lemme know what you guys think. As always, questions, comments, critiques are always welcome.

These props are looking wicked cool. I love the idea you've got with the medals. Maybe buy some current ones that you can modify to look more like what you want instead of having to create new ones entirely.

Hey there 405th. Got something a little bit different today. This is a short film that my friend and I put together. We're trying to win the MyRodeReel competition, and every vote helps. Plus we did some pretty cool practical effects for it. Check it out here.

Breathe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back