Props Fan Film Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
8a35b3fefb75697d3798272303ef658c61e6bf526a090bd63674bbbeffd14b3a.jpg

for every one that feels the same way like this post.

Having some more graphic design fun today.

Chiron.jpg

Btw, any of my original (but still Halo inspired) artwork is open source. Feel free to use it in any of your projects if it's relevant. I'd just ask for a shout out if any of you do.

you know if you had some old empty wine bottles and a crate with a ladel for jerohco 7 on it you could make a really dark moment for the film with out doing to much.

you know if you had some old empty wine bottles and a crate with a ladel for jerohco 7 on it you could make a really dark moment for the film with out doing to much.

Lol, that would be pretty good, but rest assured there will be some pretty subtle, yet poignant references in the film.

ONI OS v1.9.44: TERMINAL

Enter admin password: *********

Verifying………….override accepted

root@oni-workstation: /troy/ai-helen# sn-80012-45-HT

>access archive…

Archive access granted

>Search “Riis”…

12,995[377encrypted] results

>Search results “Joanna+Troy+Armstrong+Firsch”…

3[1encrypted] results

>Search results “Age+34”…

1[1encrypted] result

>Run decryption….

>…

>…

The year is 2552. Humanity is at its breaking point. The 27 year long war with the alien collective,
known as the Covenant, has taken its toll. Few know this better than the Riis family.
They were among the few to survive when first contact was made on the Outer Colony world of Harvest in 2525.
Joseph, Hanna, their daughter Joanna, and their unborn son, Jason were rendered refugees as they
watched their home burn until its surface was glass.

Filled with rage, Joseph does the only thing he feels is left to him. He joins the UNSC Marine Corps.
The rest of his family find a new home on Troy, one of the only colony worlds in the Hellespont system.
After completing training, Joseph is quickly ushered to his first tour of duty. However, he finds himself
fighting the growing human insurrection on Tribute rather than the aliens that destroyed his home.
But in 2531 he is assigned to a ship that is returning to Harvest to join the 5-year-long campaign to
reclaim the lost colony. However, shortly after his arrival, Joseph sends a postcard to his family on
Troy: The last message they will ever receive from him. Neither Joseph, nor the ship he was assigned
to, is found. 3 years later, Hanna’s worst fears are confirmed when the UNSC finally declares Joseph’s
ship “lost with all hands”, even though it is still technically missing. Hanna is then forced to raise her two
children alone.

Now 34 years old, Joanna, the eldest of Hanna’s two children, works for the Armstrong Firsch accounting firm.
They handle the finances of many major corporations including Joanna’s younger brother’s employer, JOTUN
Heavy Industries. JOTUN builds heavy machinery such as the autonomous Harvesters and Combines that
were used on Harvest as well as the UNSC Heavy Recovery Vehicle, the Elephant.

Jason, now 27, is receiving a promotion at JOTUN, requiring him to go to the planet, Reach, for training. This
prompts his family to have a congratulatory/going-away dinner in his favor. This is where our story picks up.

>end file…

We're getting there, everyone. Had a meeting with our DP last week and we're going through the script and coming up with a shot list. We've just about scouted all the locations and the short is nearly completely cast. There's still a little bit of prop work to finish up on. The spoofer for example: I have everything painted and wired, but I've done a few tests of running video from my ipod to the screen and it just kills the battery. Now keep in mind, this is an old 5th Generation iPod Video, so it's got some miles on it. It is for that very reason that I'm replacing the battery. I ordered a replacement the other day, so once it comes in and I get it replaced, I'll make a test video of the working spoofer.

hej man good to hear you guys are booking progress i finished one of the packets of smokes btw
Really digging all the details in the models!
Rude question ofcourse i get it all the time. any plans of releasing the files or making them part of a kickstarter like the other fan movie

11739491_10206383669462336_186766307_n.jpg
11736933_10206383669502337_1512531891_n.jpg
11733238_10206383669582339_1812597605_n.jpg

Your props look amazing so far dude, I really hope the extra effort and attention to details comes through project!

Also, love the personality you've given that helm @nintendstroid

Last edited by a moderator:
hej man good to hear you guys are booking progress i finished one of the packets of smokes btw
Really digging all the details in the models!
Rude question ofcourse i get it all the time. any plans of releasing the files or making them part of a kickstarter like the other fan movie

That helmet is sick, dude. Glad I could help out. As far as releasing the models/files, I'll probably do that after the project is shot. I'm not sure how long post will take just yet, so I wouldn't want everyone to have to wait. So I'll probably put them on Thingiverse after we wrap. When I do, I'll be sure to post and let everyone know.

Your props look amazing so far dude, I really hope the extra effort and attention to details comes through project!

Also, love the personality you've given that helm @nintendstroid

Thanks, man. I hope so too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Cow, do I have an update for you guys. Just got a package from Shapeways with 3 models in it. So I had 3 warfare badges printed and they turned out really well. Check 'em out.

DSC04363.JPG

DSC04364.JPG

DSC04365.JPG

DSC04367.JPG

DSC04366.JPG

Let me know what you guys think. Also, with primary photography starting this month, I'm going to be going dark, so there likely won't be too many more updates until filming is done. I'll see you all on the other side.

Those look absolutely brilliant! I see you had the expeditionary badge in gold and silver. What do you intend the colors to differentiate on uniform wear?

Redshirt

Those look absolutely brilliant! I see you had the expeditionary badge in gold and silver. What do you intend the colors to differentiate on uniform wear?

Redshirt

Gold is generally worn by officers while silver is generally an enlisted badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back