I'm new and DONT KNOW WHERE TO START (EVA FOAM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdarkx

I need help, i want to build a halo armor with eva foam but i do not know where to start, i dont know the best way to scale it, the best way to start the templates. im really lost. all help and tips are welcome.
ill be building the helmet with the pep method.
i want to build the hayabusa from halo 4 (that didn't came out on the game) H4_Hayabusa_armor_3d_model.jpg
with the hayabusa helmet from halo 3

Alright, I'm about to dump a lot of links of knowledge your direction:

For Sizing-------> http://www.405th.com/f19/halogoddess-how-scale-more-tutorial-31627/?highlight=sizing
Spacemeat's Guide for Foam Building---------> http://www.405th.com/f19/spacemeats-guide-foam-armor-42193/?highlight=spacemeat
405th Armor Database for Pepakura Designer----------->http://www.405th.com/f21/psa-405th-pepakura-database-38725/
Pepakura Designer Software------------->http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/ (Spacemeat's guide shows you how to run basics)

If you have anymore questions, let us know =)

I've seen people use all kinds of different foam, so the multi-color shouldn't make a difference. The thickness of the foam makes the biggest difference though, with the smaller the thickness the easier it is for it to bend and flex.

Before you BUILD THIS HELMET. Do not jump right into the helmet with this one. This is really really complex and what few videos I have seen people have messed it up several times on their first attempt. TO potentially save you some trouble Look for some simple helmet designs and try those out first. Look for some ODST files with Halo 2 anniversary and try one of those. They are very easy to make versus halo 3 ODST and the one you wish to attempt. By all means go for the armor you want but start with something not to drastic. Also of new members here when they first made their armor and went for more complicated items it seems they have to restart the helmet because of Resin / improper cutting of the pep files.

^ Good of you to point this out NightHawk
I agree and I think it's understated around here maybe just because it's assumed by many that there is some natural progression in play. Starting with some sort of simple pep design, or test fit model if it's available for the one you're working on is so important in the early stages. At the very least it familiarizes you with the process and shape, and you often iron out many of the rookie errors, and at most it saves you tons of effort down the line.

TL;DR take the time to practice on something simple before taking on a beast like Hayabusa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen people use all kinds of different foam, so the multi-color shouldn't make a difference. The thickness of the foam makes the biggest difference though, with the smaller the thickness the easier it is for it to bend and flex.

man the color doesn't matter at this point it could be MLP:FIM and we wouldn't care, the only time you should is when your painting it.

i see, i see you guys are being very helpful.
since im going a custom build i might tackle a venator chest piece,the hayabusa shoulder seen in the picture above and the rest should be from recruit or odst parts.
if i decide to change something ,l will decide on the rest while im building.VenatorChest_zps8e2c5757.jpg going to use this file for the chest, what do you guys think?

That is a really good chest file. I downloaded that file too for myself and although I haven't tried it yet I'm sure it's easy. (Not that you need easy stuff, but its "tackleable") lol

i agree, it dosent seem that hard to make. but i do have to spend a lil more time for the details.
where should i start in the chest build__ or it dosent really matter where i start._

I usually start with the front piece right near the neck and work symmetrically on both sides until I can connect them at the back. But in all honesty it really doesn't matter where you start from.

i see, i see. i also thing thats the best way to start. will update with images of my progress soon.

im building the master chief chest piece as a first time build, then im going to move on to the venator one.
do you have any idea on how i can connect the chest piece and the cod piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back