Halo 4 magnum build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf260

Hello everyone! I saw that I was short on magnums and everyone should have a magnum! So I decided to make one to go with my halo 4 suit
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

-Ian

Sorry for some upside down pictures, uploading from my phone is weird:p

Heres the rest of my magnum that is BEAUTIFUL

IMG_4906_zpsc85b9bb9.jpg

IMG_4907_zps2c16d90a.jpg

IMG_4908_zps19ab0f61.jpg

IMG_4909_zpsa2bb35ca.jpg

IMG_4910_zps6e40ec59.jpg

IMG_4911_zps5a84e308.jpg

IMG_4931_zpsb5ef3b44.jpg

IMG_4932_zps4c9ce0a4.jpg

IMG_4933_zps207c6d04.jpg

IMG_4934_zps4861264f.jpg

IMG_4935_zpsa20870fc.jpg

Good way to display:)
IMG_4936_zpsd760bfde.jpg

IMG_4937_zps972d7af4.jpg

IMG_4938_zps81c8e6c8.jpg

Just got some SNOW! so i cant plastidip or paint yet, hope to ASAP!

-Ian

Been a while since I've done anything on here! Here is how the magnum currently stands!

Don't know why but the plastidip made the top have a very smooth/rubber texture. I realize that's what should happen but ive never had this texture on anything before:p maybe it's the paint?

image.jpg

Looks good. Just a question for you, Was that plywood that you used or just a wood"ish" color foam?

Looks good! Personally, I think the Magnum from Halo 4 looks too cartoony (not your work, the actual in game one). I think it's the almost snub-nose it has... But nice build!

Looks good! Personally, I think the Magnum from Halo 4 looks too cartoony (not your work, the actual in game one). I think it's the almost snub-nose it has... But nice build!

Thanks! I agree, a lot of the weapons are changing and it's getting sad:(

-ian

What is plastidip? I've seen some videos about people using them on cars but I don't know what it is used for. I'm building a cardboard halo magnum(with some foam) but it looks to fake. You can completely tell it is cardboard even after painting. But I heard somethings can add a layer of thick rubber-like material but I don't know where this is. Is that what plastidip is?
Btw, nice magnum.

What is plastidip? I've seen some videos about people using them on cars but I don't know what it is used for. I'm building a cardboard halo magnum(with some foam) but it looks to fake. You can completely tell it is cardboard even after painting. But I heard somethings can add a layer of thick rubber-like material but I don't know where this is. Is that what plastidip is?
Btw, nice magnum.

Just a heads up man, necroposting (posting on a thread that is a few months old) is frowned upon, as it bumps down newer subject matter.

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the community! Please do some research before posting questions, as there is a ton of awesome info on this site, if you just take the time to read and find it!

Plasti dip is most commonly used in the costuming community to coat/seal eva and craft foam before spray painting it. It goes on thicker than regular spray paint, but not super thick. Cardboard is a very hard medium to work with, as it's very hard to get rid of the corrugation lines and making the end seams clean. Aside from using some form of resin and body filler, it's near impossible to do. I'd recommend enjoying your first prop as it is, and take what you learned while building it to move on to more suitable mediums in future projects!

Just a heads up man, necroposting (posting on a thread that is a few months old) is frowned upon, as it bumps down newer subject matter.

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the community! Please do some research before posting questions, as there is a ton of awesome info on this site, if you just take the time to read and find it!

Plasti dip is most commonly used in the costuming community to coat/seal eva and craft foam before spray painting it. It goes on thicker than regular spray paint, but not super thick. Cardboard is a very hard medium to work with, as it's very hard to get rid of the corrugation lines and making the end seams clean. Aside from using some form of resin and body filler, it's near impossible to do. I'd recommend enjoying your first prop as it is, and take what you learned while building it to move on to more suitable mediums in future projects!

I filled/covered all of the corrugation & painted it but it is still rough and needs more smoothing. Thank you for the info by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back