My Agent Virginia build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD of Asgard

Member DIN
S757
20141128_173346_LLS.jpg20141128_172410.jpg20141128_172414.jpg20141128_172350.jpg

I've been building an Agent Virginia armor, basing it from the RvB universe.

I built a chest peice a few months ago but got the sizing all wrong and it ended up looking like a sports bra instead of armor. Nonetheless, just posting my progress! I still have a few rough areas I want to sand and maybe apply bondo to on the chest as well as finishing the bondo on the helmet but I felt so proud just looking at it on my work station.

Very nice build!! Really liking the idea of building armour from the RvB Universe. I gotta go check that out!! I had that same problem. My chest piece was inaccurately measured and its turbed out small and I have yet to build a resized version.

Keep up the good work! Love to see more progress!

To save on some time I always build the default size first, then I will know where I at on that size for that part. I got lucky with my chest piece, The default was was exactly my size. But if it was wrong at least I would know by how much. it usually would be an inch bigger or smaller 033.JPG

To save on some time I always build the default size first, then I will know where I at on that size for that part. I got lucky with my chest piece, The default was was exactly my size. But if it was wrong at least I would know by how much. it usually would be an inch bigger or smaller View attachment 6766

that's actually not a bad idea. it'd give me an idea of where the armor already is before I go resizing stuff. thanks !

Very nice build!! Really liking the idea of building armour from the RvB Universe. I gotta go check that out!! I had that same problem. My chest piece was inaccurately measured and its turbed out small and I have yet to build a resized version.

Keep up the good work! Love to see more progress!

thanks! yeah it's totally just a fan creation but I'm basing it on RvB. going to stencil in "Agt Virginia" down the side I think so it's clear lol.
Oh man I thought I was making such nice progress until I put it up to my chest and realized the armor as a whole barely covered my chest! haha

20141213_173852.jpg20141213_173847.jpg20141213_173847.jpg
Finished up the chest build and started on a coat of metal paint following my the plastidip. looking nice. Doesn't look so foamy any more.

20141214_131016.jpg20141214_131005.jpg20141214_212758.jpg20141215_114747.jpg20141215_114801.jpg
Painted my helmet a bit more. Very medic/ambulance-y. Then I did a bit of weathering to make it look worn. I might add a few metalic cuts and scrapes in there for flair.

looking good!
I like seeing medic stuff
(ever thought of painting the logo on marines medic helmet in halo reach on your helmet or chest armor?
reach_12777859_Full.jpg 200px-UNSC-Med-logo1.png)

looking good!
I like seeing medic stuff
(ever thought of painting the logo on marines medic helmet in halo reach on your helmet or chest armor?

View attachment 7145)

yeah I was going to use that one on my helmet actually but couldn't figure out how to figure out how to get the stencil right. I just used painter's tape for my helmet but was worried that the design might get lost if I attempted something with more detail than I had. Maybe I'll do a few practice runs and try to get it on the chest peice though!

20150112_214001.jpg20150112_214007.jpg20150112_214014.jpg20150112_214021.jpg20150112_213525.jpg

Been working on my medic helmet. I decided that it was a bit too boring. I wiped away all that weathering because I felt that it was a little too muddy looking and then went back in with a red sharpie and did some highlights. It gives your eye a lot more places to go to and makes it look more finished than my last paint job. I just have to go back in and fix a few wobbly lines but over all I'm happy with this progress.

PhotoGrid_1421558493431.jpg
Free check ups from Agent Virginia!

Helmet's almost there. Just have to install the visor!

You could print the medic logo out on adhesive label paper, once for each layer or colour you wanted to stencil, then cut out the bit you want to show. The simplest version would be to just do the large red bit, the leaves/wreath and the lines through the red would be hand drawable.
So you would print the logo,
trim out the main piece with the hobby knife while its still stuck to the backing paper,
then lay the sticker on,
paint over,
remove sticker

That's only mildy terrifying. But it looks really good!

haha thanks! that's what I was going for.

You could print the medic logo out on adhesive label paper, once for each layer or colour you wanted to stencil, then cut out the bit you want to show. The simplest version would be to just do the large red bit, the leaves/wreath and the lines through the red would be hand drawable.
So you would print the logo,
trim out the main piece with the hobby knife while its still stuck to the backing paper,
then lay the sticker on,
paint over,
remove sticker

hmmm. pretty good idea. I'll see how this works out.

Just been trying to think of a reliable way of removing the label. I know that left in the sun for long periods they wrinkle up and fall off. I wonder if steam from a kettle would loosen the adhesive

more pictures incoming!

452.jpg453.jpg454.jpg
A few more pics of the medic recon helmet atop my finished chest peice. I debated between velcro straps and magnets to attach the bottom of the armor together. In the end I stuck with the
magnets. I found some at Harbor Freight that are waaay stronger than anything I experimeneted with before from Micheals. Then I added my blood splatter on top of it all.

462.jpg
Just a pic of me wearing both completed peices in a hoody. I need to find an underarmor black suit for the actual costume.

from what I can tell even though I have a few bigger peices left, like the shoulders, forearms, thighs, and shins, they're not as detailed as the helmet and chest. So I'll be using more foam but not having to spend as much time getting those details just right.

Next stop, the pelvic armor!

Some updates after finally getting my visor in!

Is it just me or does getting the visor in give an immense sense of completion to the helmet, or at least a HUGE step even if you know its not complete.

Also looking at the medic spartan just made me think of a halo MMO, with "looking for healer". I'd probably lean towards the destiny style MMO rather than the WOW type. *wistful stare*... it could have been so much more. 50% of a good game.... Sorry sidetracked

Cant wait to see more!

Is it just me or does getting the visor in give an immense sense of completion to the helmet, or at least a HUGE step even if you know its not complete.

Also looking at the medic spartan just made me think of a halo MMO, with "looking for healer". I'd probably lean towards the destiny style MMO rather than the WOW type. *wistful stare*... it could have been so much more. 50% of a good game.... Sorry sidetracked

Cant wait to see more!

yeah inorite? I was 90% done with the helmet but I didn't feel that way until I got the visor in. Then for some reason it felt amazing. It's weird right?

oh man that's what I thought Halo Online was going to be but idk. I keep hearing whispers about it being an mmo outside of the regular multiplayer stuff. here's hoping!

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back