Squibs ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Starting my ODST build

me being the genius I am (sarcasm) decided who need straps and clips, and I glued the whole chest piece together, so now it is a bit of a contortionist act to get in and out but I can do it.
Lol, I tried the same thing. Everything I made was tight fitting with the intent to maintain accurate proportions. Even after cutting at the sides, it remains an ordeal to get over my head. :unsure The sacrifices we make for our work. All in all looks great!

small update, I just finished the shoulders and now I am moving on to the gauntlets.
IMG_20141217_233627.jpgIMG_20141217_232928~2.jpg
wearing my forest camo BDUs, I will get black ones later but it gives me an idea of how it all fits, added a helmet so my head doesn't look small. one of these days I will get better pictures that aren't from my phone.

Also does anyone know where I can buy cheap straps and clips?

^ yeah, I've seen bags of +/-20 at micheals in two sizes. I think it was around $10, which is one of the best prices I've been able to get from a walk-in location. Fabric land (if there's one near you) has the best combination of variety and price when it comes to webbing and strap material, in my experience anyway. Unless you buy bulkier quantity online, that is.

The pieces of you not clad in armor really start to look tiny when you don't have the full suit on, eh? haha, I kept worrying that the measurements were off on mine until I saw it all together. Looks great and you're keeping a good pace :thumbsup

Hey everyone really sorry for the inactivity here, the weather has beat me for a while. I have no were i can paint so that is what is really holding me up. I wanted to have this done for PAX east coming up but that is in 2 weeks. I will try my best to finish but i dont want to have a rushed product here.
2015-02-18 19.22.51.jpg
been working on the helmet a bit still needs a lot of sanding but I threw on a primer coat so I could actually see where I needed to work on.
I will try to get more updates out in the next 2 weeks as I try to finish up.

I did my first full fitting with placeholder straps, it all feels pretty good right now and I have a decent amount of mobility in it. I really need to get to painting but the temp outside is really making it impossible, so I have to wait for a break in this weather to hopefully get a day in of paint.
Picture 72.jpg
just have to keep chugging along.

thats awesome any one tried putting resin on the foam, or does it eat it.....

thats awesome any one tried putting resin on the foam, or does it eat it.....
i have some resin, I can test out a few things and let you know how it goes. will have to seal the foam some way though.

Nice one squibs, any chance I can send you a friend request and have a chat on bits and pieces about your build, as I will be going full force in the next couple of months. Thank you for your time dude

Nice one squibs, any chance I can send you a friend request and have a chat on bits and pieces about your build, as I will be going full force in the next couple of months. Thank you for your time dude

Sure thing, If there is anyway I can help out i would be glad too.

Nice one cheers. One thing I need to know is which pep files did you use and have I got them all.... helmet done already, could I have a list off you so that I can check it off mine

nothing major today, finally converting my old paintball gloves for my armor. Just using some 2mm Foamies sheets and excessive amounts of hotglue, seems to be working. I added a few detail pieces on the armor with 5mm foam but nothing major so no pics. Still to cold to spray on the plasti dip, and I am running out of time :/ I might just have to go and paint with some acrylics and not seal the foam, which I know is a bad idea but not much I can do right now.
IMG_20150226_184658.jpg
Nice one cheers. One thing I need to know is which pep files did you use and have I got them all.... helmet done already, could I have a list off you so that I can check it off mine
actually the only part that I used any pep files for was the helmet, I used Kirrou_ODST_HD_Rookie_helmet, i felt like that one had a level of detail I would be happy with and I was comfortable handling. All the other part I made custom templates the old fashion way of looking at pictures measuring myself and drawing it on paper.
IMG_20150226_191330.jpg
I am really bad at keeping things in order so these were the pieces i could remember what they were. For me I wanted to have as few overall parts to keep track of when done so I took some shortcuts and it is not 100% accurate at all. One thing I really wanted was to make sure I could sit down, which meant that the thighs had to be simple plate armor rather than a full enclosure. This is all preference though, m00sm4n has an amazing foam ODST build and I highly recommend looking at his thread http://www.405th.com/f21/odst-build-eva-foam-m6-socom-43400/

Alright I will be at PAXeast tomorrow! I wasn't able to finish the helmet but I have the armor done.

1425608311205.jpg
I look forward to seeing any of you there!

you use dft (dafruntlinetrooper) on youtube shere looks like it but it looks good

when I started I was going to, but all the templates were made by me just looking at pictures. I am sure a lot of what I did is the same as DFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back