Squibs ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so today was a lot of painting and putting things back together. I still havent started making the new gauntlets but I will get to it.

I was kinda bummed I didn't have my knee phone holder anymore so I thought of a new place to put it. I feel like I was pretty clever here and I made a phone pocket inside the chest and it hinges open and closes with magnets.
IMG_20150520_233500.jpgIMG_20150520_233525.jpgIMG_20150520_233553.jpg

I made the switch to rare earth magnets and oh man it is a world of difference in strength, I am no longer worried about my gun falling off my thigh piece that is for sure.
anyways it is all plastidip'd and painted it base black so it all matches again.
IMG_20150520_234426.jpg
Now I get to have the fun of weathering the same suit twice haha

Looking really good squibs. The legs you did are a massive improvement.
Thank you very much, I am really happy with everything so far!

spent the day painting since it was nice out. I repainted everything I had ready and I am pretty happy with how it looks

IMG_20150521_190213.jpgIMG_20150521_192041.jpg
I will be making the gauntlets now and I probably will make some boot covers while I am at it.

New paint job looks fantastic! great colour choice too :thumbsup I really like the whole new chest-piece in particular, it came out really well (especially with the handy-dandy phone pouch).

New paint job looks fantastic! great colour choice too :thumbsup I really like the whole new chest-piece in particular, it came out really well (especially with the handy-dandy phone pouch).
Thank you! I am really happy with it right now, I have always been a fan of the color red.

Did you hand paint the "UNMC" lettering and logo or do you have a template?
I grabbed an image off of google and I cut out a stencil for the logo and lettering, I had to hand paint some cleanup on it though. they aren't perfect but they look fine from a few steps back.

Alright I finished the gauntlets and that means I am all done on my armor remakes.

IMG_20150523_152617.jpgIMG_20150523_152748.jpg

I am still unsure if I want to make the bootcovers or not, I feel like they would just get torn off and be more of a hassle then they are worth. idk I may still do them just to have everything.
I want to still make a primary weapon, but I am not sure what I want to do. either a rifle or a rocket launcher.

I am going to try and get some good photos of my full set of armor soon.

just wanted to get a picture with the gauntlets and armor on

IMG_20150524_235518.jpgIMG_20150524_235557.jpg

now I have this shiny new set of armor and nothing to wear it to.

why thank you ;)

just keep at it Noble and you will keep getting better! there are still so many things that I can improve on, and that is what is so fun about all this, because I know my next project will be better.

what is your next project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back