Setsucon 2015 roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashuraa

Research Team Lead
Member DIN
S015
Setsucon is Jan 23- 25 in State College PA
My husband and I are going to be there the 24th and the 25th.

We would like to know who else is going to attend, and where we might meet up.

Ash and I just got back from day one of it. Had to leave early because my back is giving me problems. Believe me back issues suck. We have some pictures she will get posted here in awhile. Did bump into a couple other 405th members there but they were dressed in other cosplay. Except for one grunt. Which we have pictures of us with the grunt.

Also got some very good first hand experience with extended wear of my odst. Some serious rework on the way for Sci Fi Valley con. Like a complete new torso build as well as hip and thigh plate suspension so I can get out of my gear a bit easier to be able to sit down in chairs and such not. Also so I dont cook in warmer weather. Lets see other things we learned. I want to do a soft uniform build so that when I come out of the armor itself I am still in costume. That way I can do costume judging and walk around for a few hours at a con. And then drop the armor to be able to go look at vendors and panels and still be in costume. A lot of learning was done for me today. Ash and I also concluded that anytime a hotel is on site we want to be able to get a room that we can use at least during the day for breaks and to store equipment in. This is something we will look at being able to use to help other 405th that come to the same events as we do.

here are the pics of us with the grunt that was there.

IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG
IMG_1298.JPG

small update. Ashuraa and I will not make it back to setsucon for day 2. We got freezing rain overnight as well as the issues with my back. Ash was going to go alone today till the freezing rain issue. Just doesnt make it worth the risk to make the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back