Scifivalley Con, Pennsylvania / Renewal of wedding vows

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Saturday the 16th at 7 pm if I remember correctly what my wife Ashuraa told me. sometimes the memory becomes hazy. Which reminds me I need to put in for those days off now while the putting in is good.

We will have a table all weekend. The renewal will be Saturday at 7 pm. all are welcome and invited to join in the fun.

Sorry it took a few days to respond, I got a bit caught up with school stuff.

But yeah, I definitely think I can make it, if you'd like another Helljumper.

more the merrier. The evil plan is to swamp Sci fi Valley with Spartan's and Helljumpers and possibly a few marines if they turn up. And I guess the covenant forces are invited as well. We do need something to blast after the vows are exchanged.

I'll be there, and my girlfriend is gonna try and through together a Halo 1 style marine, so she can join in the action.

I'm all signed up and ready to go. I'll be bringing as much of my inventory as I can for the table.

Well, the time is getting close. We have our official table location of O5. I have business cards ordered, and I am having a banner made. I am also going to have a full cosplay repair kit available.

Kusak and I will be there very ealy Firday morning to do set up before the con opening.

I am thinking of bringing something that we can all stack our helmets on behind the table so that you don't have to carry them with you constantly.

There are going to be two panels that we are hosting. One of Friday evening, and one on saturday evening. If you want to join in, that would be great.

On Saturday we will of course be having the renewal of our vows. When my husbands family arrives we think it would be awesome if we could have a couple of Spartans or ODST to go meet them at the entrance desk, and walk/ parade them to our table.

I can't wait to see you all there.

Unfortunately I can no longer make it. :( I forgot the dates and am now attending ACBC that weekend. I'm sorry about missing out on this great gathering and I hope all goes really well for you guys!!!!

You will be missed transmut1 . I do hope you have a blast at ACBC. Make sure you get lots of pictures for us please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to help out on the panel for Saturday. I got a couple props I can bring from anime, tv, and video games I can bring too. The anticipation is killing me =)

I will be attending all three days in my Spartan IV suit along with my friend who will be an ODST. I am so pumped to finally meet some 405th members! Also the idea of a Halo themed wedding is genius.

Will we be doing any demonstrations at the table? The foam method would be an easy demonstration to do. Something to the effect of building a foam Chief helmet over the course of the three-day convention, so people with a 3-day pass can check in every few hours to see how the helmet is made. Members could each take a turn whenever they feel like it an work on the helmet. I would be more than happy to supply the foam and all materials if this seems like a decent idea.

Also, as far as I know the Gearbox Union will be attending this year and will most likely be doing another raffle, and they usually ask for donations from the other vendors and booths. I think it would be cool to have the helmet built at the con and then raffled off at the con. So it's a double win, people get to see how a piece of foam armor is made, and somebody gets to take home a Halo helmet.

That's just an idea though, thought I would throw it out there.

We can easily do that. The only thing is I do not know if we will have power at the booth itself. The cosplay repair kit I will be bringing is in reality my armor making kit that I normally transport between home and the club that we go to.

In it I have:
high temp glue gun
Dremel
Heat gun
blades
sharpening tool
high temp glue sticks\
super glue
paint brushes
basic paints
sharpie
Pen
soft tape measure
straight edge ruler
tooth picks
straight pins
thread
needle
and a few other assorted goodies.

Steveeemega it is on for bring and making the helmet.

Guys, we need to come up with 3 quests, and 3 passwords, one for each day of the con. I want your help in forming these simple quests for the ConQuest from Gear Box Union. The money they raise for the ConQuests and raffle is given to Child's Play. Child's play is a charity that places games and art supplies into childrens hospitals.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I feel like I've heard about this, but I might be wrong. Is there anything special required for a ConQuest?

Just something simple that a con goer can do at our table in a minute or two. i would like them to be related to HALO in some fashion.

When they complete the quest we give them a pass code word that they will then be able to give to the GearBox Union. For each password they get right they get a raffle ticket which they can then use to try to win donated items from the artists and groups who have tables. The con goers can also buy raffle tickets to increase their chance to win a cool prize at the end of the con. Last year Gear box wanted to raise only $400 dollars, they raised nearly $1200 last year. This year they want to beat that total again.

Okay how about we go with a bit of Halo trivia for one or more of the quests if they have to be able to do it at the table in a few minutes. As to the passwords again halo themed Spartan name and ID number perhaps?

Ok, I will bring the templates and the foam for the Chief helmet. Should we do a Halo 3 or 4 chief helmet? What other materials should I bring that we won't have there? It does not matter to me, I have both the templates for foam.

As for the ConQuests, last year there were some where you had to do a dance or sing a song. So we could maybe make them tell us their favorite Halo weapon or video game item (for those who don't play Halo) and why. We could ask them to recite their favorite Halo quote, or just a quote from Halo in general. Passwords could be something to the effect of Re-claimer, Sierra, Wake me when you need me, Blue Team, ODST, 117, John, Lasky, 405th, etc.

Also did some promoting for the convention in my Spartan suit and ODST (SDC Iceman was in the ODST) yesterday while at Free Comic Book Day
20150502_105516.jpg
20150502_105549.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back