Scifivalley Con, Pennsylvania / Renewal of wedding vows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashuraa

Research Team Lead
Member DIN
S015
I am placing this early so that anyone who wishes can make it.
My husband and I are planning on renewing our 20 year wedding vows. Our plan to date is to do this at a convention near our home, in Halo armor. We would love to see as many 405th members who can and wish to come to be there.

This renewal of our vows fit my spouse and me very well. We met 21 years ago playing Dungeons and Dragons, as well table top war games, such as Battletech. We never had a major wedding. We were married at the justice of the peace.

the convention will be May 15- 17th at the Blair county convention center in Altoona, PA. We will likely set the renewal to saturday evening,

Great *Smiles* Bring your armor. I would absolutely love to get a 405th pic for our renewal.

I will be doomed for a second time <grins>. Actually teasing aside wouldnt trade Ash for anything. Kind of hard to find a more perfect match.

depends on money and work I would try and try to drag my wife along if possible

The more the merrier. I know the cost of the con is not supper expensive. Last year it ran at $20 for the whole weekend.

well Ash confirmed to me this morning that the ceremony is scheduled now. And the organizer of the con has told Ash if we get enough members coming he will give us a table for free. Trade off will have to do a few panels on how to make costumes. But if it happens we will have a spot to be able to park our tails and our stuff to be secure. She is going to try and see if she can get our table next to the Game club that her and I are members of so that we will have them to help us keep an eye on stuff while we are moving about.

IT is official. We will have a booth. I need pics of everyone who will be in armor, in armor, if they have the pics. If your suit is in progress let me know. We have some time. The operator of the con is planning on helping advertise us in the con. *Smiles* More names for us.

Harri51 @the_shiznite88 transmut1 If you all could send me pictures of you in armor so that I can get them to the promoter of the con. He is currently planning on giving us some promotional space int eh fliers from what I understand. Please and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still building. I got nothing close to done. Plus i am helping my wife with her zelda light bow and arrows

I can't email pics on here, but I can post here. I've made some more upgrades since Dragon Con, lights and better magnets on the big gun. :)

Me at Dragon Con 2014.jpg

Thank you both with responding. transmut1, i will get this emailed to them asap. I am so looking forward to seeing all of you there.

@the_shiznite88, Are you Benton? IF so, yes I got your pic and thank you.

Do you know what day you'd be doing it? I'm from Pittsburgh, and Altoona is only about two hours. I've driven further for less. Plus, I've always wanted to do a meet up with some 405th members, and I'd love to help make this the coolest wedding possible. And I remember seeing SciFi in the Valley when they started a couple few years ago, and it always looked really cool, so there's no reason not to come!

On the down side, I just bought tickets to Welcome to Night Vale's live show for May 15, so I can't come if it's happening Friday.

Do you know what day you'd be doing it? I'm from Pittsburgh, and Altoona is only about two hours. I've driven further for less. Plus, I've always wanted to do a meet up with some 405th members, and I'd love to help make this the coolest wedding possible. And I remember seeing SciFi in the Valley when they started a couple few years ago, and it always looked really cool, so there's no reason not to come!

On the down side, I just bought tickets to Welcome to Night Vale's live show for May 15, so I can't come if it's happening Friday.

Ashuraa had it posted on another thread somewhere. The day is set for Saturday and the renewal is set for 7:00pm. Although I'm sure other members might be down there all weekend as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back