Halo Reach: Carter Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarActual

Hey Everyone! quick thanks for stopping by :D

Im building my own Carter A259 armor for DragonCon next year! I wanted to wait until i had a few pieces made to start posting stuff so here it goes..give me some feedback, im open to constructive criticism. Certain part im going to do a little different, but ill be sure to go through the process on here as I get to those pieces. Also I'd like to thank Justinian117 and mwmanus for the tips and tricks and all of the help to get this thing started!

**side note, the bicep is a tad unfinished and will need to be redone and im going to do it possibly a little differently, as far as the template goes, and its also my first build, sooo please be gentle haha

IMG_0222.jpgIMG_0224.jpgIMG_0225.jpgIMG_0226.jpg

**also i added that little piece to the commando shoulder just to get a scaling idea. it too will lso be one of those pieces haha.

Thanks again everyone! and happy pepping!

i have moved this thread and all responses to this one here: http://www.405th.com/f21/halo-reach-carter-foam-build-43803/

I think its looking great so far, keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Thanks! im working on the forearms as we speak. hopefully ill have at least one done by tonight

ive been super busy the past few days, but I managed to get this together! IMG_0228.jpg
it got kind of hairy towards the wrist, but i think it turned out pretty good!
I also need to figure out how to open the back towards my forearm a little more, any ideas anyone? or should I just redo the whole thing?

ALSO note that this is the left wrist where the tac-pad/my iPhone will be so i dont care to cut out the top part, it wont be seen anyways

corrected the shoulder/made new. more accurate and much cleaner. just needs to be smoothened. IMG_9019.jpeg

That's a solid start there mate. Keep it up! Always great to see a reach build. Even better to see a Noble Team build. Send me a PM if you want to pick my brains. Happy to help.

Since this thread has more views, I'm going to dump here and the other thread. A lot has been made, and I still have a few things to finish..last update before dragoncon and when I head out, I'll do a final update then. Everything has turned out well so far, I'm pretty happy with it for a first build. ill post pictures when I get home. For some reason I can't do it on my phone. Stay tuned!!!

some quick pics/ test fit
image1-2.JPGimage3-1.JPG more to come before dragon con.

I used the lex file and had to modify it and adjust it as I went so it contoured to my thighs properly, just look for Lex's database, it's glorious lol

Looks great, I am looking further into Reach builds like this so I can make my first build too, but of my own custom char!

Looks great, I am looking further into Reach builds like this so I can make my first build too, but of my own custom char!

Hey, just so you know, it's usually quite frowned upon to necro post, and that is quite the necro. He hasn't updated this thread in almost a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back