posable halo live action film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to echo what RobTC said a few months back regarding your ambition here: I'd really suggest that you work in smaller lumps. You tend to take things on and then abandon them quickly, or get bored and pick up another project before you've completed the previous one. That can be fine for some hobbies, but for a major project like this you really need to commit some drive and determination into actually getting things done, or you'll just end up with a trail of half-finished projects and very little to show for it. I took a check back, and in six months you've proposed plenty, begun some things, and completed very little. A full, complex armour set like a Halo 4 Scout costume...? That's a lot of work. Are you sure you're up to it?

This isn't meant to chastise or discourage you at all - I really hope you can pull things together and actually get things done, rather than just saying 'I want to make a fan film' and then not actually getting anything done past concept work. And I know myself how attractive it can be sometimes to just say 'hey, I want to do this thing now!', and then go ahead and drop whatever you're working on for this new project. Believe me, I do. But, as above, you really need to commit some drive towards completing things rather than proposing and beginning projects, and then leaving them half-done. Sometimes, the proverbial splash of cold water to the face can hep you realise that and start pulling things together.

Also - who the Hell is 'Brice Lee'?

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont know who brice lee is well he is the best wing chun fighter there was he's dead but his legacy live's on

*bruce lee

Also he started in Wing Chun- as a student of Ip Man, who may or may not have agreed with your assessment of his Wing Chun abilities- for street fights but as an adult gradually assimilated other cultural combat techniques into a more rounded self-defence system he called Jeet Kune Do. Which, on the whole, isn't really very popular although it's sort of the basis of MMA, but he's known for a variety of aspects of his work, not just that.

...I may or may not have watched/read too many Bruce documentaries. I'm gonna say not. :thumbsup Anyway, Chernobyl's point was that if you're going to quote someone you consider important, you might wanna try getting their name right. Obviously she knows who Bruce Lee is.

Anyway...

Make half a costume, one weapon, and write a short script about an ODST with half his gear destroyed who's trying to find his way back to civilisation after getting stranded in the middle of nowhere after a major battle, whilst being hunted by Covenant aerial forces. Minimal building, mainly writing and acting (the important parts) and only a little bit of CGI Phantoms and Banshees. Easy (ish).

You're trying to do too much, too fast, with almost nothing. Even if you do finally get the thing completed, you'll probably be disappointed in the results. Don't sacrifice quality for ambition, it's never ever worth it.

well i am working on mine right now and i need more paper to print her's out so my costume isn't to hot right know i bot 100 lb when what i was using 80lb RobTC i guess you havint cept up with the thread i have made the main people spartan cuz my odst wasent going to well

o and for those who put my down RobTC ,@Chernobyl the great's pleashers in live are doing things that others say is imposable

well lets just say i i am half way done a m6/m6g pistol for my movie m6.jpg

i guess you havint cept up with the thread i have made the main people spartan cuz my odst wasent going to well

People have been keeping up with the tread. My (our?) main concern is that you're biting off a lot more than you can chew. Assembling a Pepakura weapon is only a small portion of the project - we've not seen any resin, bondo or paint yet. But despite this, you're signing yourself up to construct a very complex and involved armour set for another person, to say nothing of the (supposedly abandoned) MA5C and ARC-920 Railgun builds, your combat knife, Commando helmet...

As I've said before, your main problem is picking up more than you're capable of completing. There's nothing wrong with being ambitious and saying 'I want to do something awesome' - that's the whole point we're here. But let's look objectively here: you failed an ODST build and you're still shooting for something of a magnitude more complex. Maybe it's time you stepped back, took an objective look at your capabilities, assessed what you're able to do now, and then consider practising your craft and actually completing some projects before shooting for new ones.

Oh, and for those who put me down, RobTC ,@Chernobyl, the greatest pleasures in life are doing things that others say is impossible

Nobody's putting you down. Nobody wants to see you fail. I utterly support your project and I want to see you succeed, without a shadow of a doubt. Not all criticism is bad criticism, believe me. As an artist, I have to learn to take a step back from my work, look at it objectively, and ask others for critique before I submit the piece - if I threw a tantrum every time somebody pointed out that my anatomy isn't quite up to par, I'd never have gotten to the level I'm at now. Even the best prop-makers have had to learn their trade and accept some criticism for their processes and their work - even people like CerealKill3r came up from nothing.

So please - understand that nobody's saying 'you can't do this'. We're all fully behind you - we just think that there might be more efficient ways to do things.

People have been keeping up with the tread. My (our?) main concern is that you're biting off a lot more than you can chew. Assembling a Pepakura weapon is only a small portion of the project - we've not seen any resin, bondo or paint yet. But despite this, you're signing yourself up to construct a very complex and involved armour set for another person, to say nothing of the (supposedly abandoned) MA5C and ARC-920 Railgun builds, your combat knife, Commando helmet...

As I've said before, your main problem is picking up more than you're capable of completing. There's nothing wrong with being ambitious and saying 'I want to do something awesome' - that's the whole point we're here. But let's look objectively here: you failed an ODST build and you're still shooting for something of a magnitude more complex. Maybe it's time you stepped back, took an objective look at your capabilities, assessed what you're able to do now, and then consider practising your craft and actually completing some projects before shooting for new ones.

Nobody's putting you down. Nobody wants to see you fail. I utterly support your project and I want to see you succeed, without a shadow of a doubt. Not all criticism is bad criticism, believe me. As an artist, I have to learn to take a step back from my work, look at it objectively, and ask others for critique before I submit the piece - if I threw a tantrum every time somebody pointed out that my anatomy isn't quite up to par, I'd never have gotten to the level I'm at now. Even the best prop-makers have had to learn their trade and accept some criticism for their processes and their work - even people like CerealKill3r came up from nothing.

So please - understand that nobody's saying 'you can't do this'. We're all fully behind you - we just think that there might be more efficient ways to do things.

I think that is a bit to harsh and direct. Unless if he is being paid by the 405th for making this film I think his progress is his business. We all can say to anybody, " your progress isn't good enough, you should do it this way. YOU FAILED" AND saying we have your back all the way doesn't make up for what you said. I will never tell any 405th member they FAILED on a build, even if its abandoned. I'm sorry but that made me mad reading that.

I think that is a bit to harsh and direct. Unless if he is being paid by the 405th for making this film I think his progress is his business. We all can say to anybody, " your progress isn't good enough, you should do it this way. YOU FAILED" AND saying we have your back all the way doesn't make up for what you said. I will never tell any 405th member they FAILED on a build, even if its abandoned. I'm sorry but that made me mad reading that.

That's fine, I appreciate your honesty.

With that said, there's a line between saying 'you're doing it wrong' and 'you could do things better'. As far as I'm aware, I haven't said or implied that Noble 10 has done anything wrong - I agree that his progress is his business. However, objectively, things could be done to streamline the workload and ensure that projects are completed, and that resources aren't wasted along the way (I recall that a monthly budget of $5 was set for this project - that means that wastage and dropped projects become very costly, very quickly).

Compare this to the advice I usually give out regarding resin/bondo work for first time users - slow and steady, work smart, don't throw too much on at once, save yourself a lot more time, money and effort in the long run. This is the same principle, in that I'm advising Noble 10 to make the best use of his resources and reduce wasting both time and money along the way. Working smart, taking on one project at a time, and completing that project to the best of your ability, will offer a better reward in the way of experience than will taking up multiple projects, and abandoning them for something else halfway through. Believe me, I've done the same things in the past, and I've had to learn this the hard way - this is why I don't currently have a costume. I know my limitations (mainly financial and time constraints at the moment, I'll admit), and I only take on one thing at a time.

If you want my summary, it's this: it's better to do one thing to the absolute best of your ability, than to split your attention between multiple projects and have them done to a mediocre standard. All I'm promoting here is for Noble 10 to do his absolute best work - and honestly, my advice is that you can only do this by getting some focus.

I hope that's explained my view and settled any hurt feelings or misunderstandings. As I've said, I'm absolutely behind this project and I don't want to see it fail because the project head took on more than he could chew.

Noble 10 you got this. Keep doing what your doing. I know you are doing the right thing.

okay noble I looked over a few things and if you still got those two male odst suit I might have something you can use for them, but I must warn you its pretty hard like halo one on library with iron and black eye on... long story short, odst's lost in a city, they find some human survivors, covenant closing in, and hard choices have to be made but their betrayed by the ones they tried to save. over all its a twenty page story, and somewhere around fifth teen to seventeen minute video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back