posable halo live action film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble 10

hey 405th i am thinking of doing a live action film if you have any ideas let me know

Idea number one: Set it post-War and use one (or two or three) of my BR85HBs. Lol.

Idea number deux: There's a comic strip thread somewhere in general Halo discussion, that dude has a couple adaptable ideas. I broke one down and it'd be relatively easy if you have access to a few pieces of ODST and marine armour, a female SPARTAN, a elite, and the ability to do good CGI environments and compositing.

Really, it depends how many friends you have and what your available skill sets are. I'd start off with a list of what you have at your disposal rather than what you want to do. The latter generally comes from the former... Vice versa is a recipe for disappointment.

ok thx i have a 5 $ a mouth bugget and my costume not finished and what wood did you use for your br85hb battle rifle

I could give some ideas but I think you'd better look into a few

yeah watch these haft a dozen times and take notes it helps believe me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking of doing a odst new mambosa film and can some one make female odst pep files

ok thx i have a 5 $ a mouth bugget and my costume not finished and what wood did you use for your br85hb battle rifle

At five bucks a month, at best you're gonna be saving a while and paying cast and crew in pizza. What camera, lighting and sound abilities do you have? You can shoot with an iPhone on a piece of wood and some china balls if that's all you have available, but sound is more critical than people think- gotta have an external mic if you have people talking, no matter what you're shooting with, unless you have some way of really cleaning it up well. What about post? Editing, music and CG? Who do you know has a workstation or sweet gaming rig that can run some decent software? And that's just the gear itself.

Crew-wise, you'll need someone to run the camera(s) (might be you), someone to hold the mic and run the recorder if you have one (sometimes the same person as the camera guy, but preferably not), a director who keeps everyone working in the same direction (that might also be you), a writer (obviously; might also be you), preferably a script supervisor- a person who takes down notes on blocking, wardrobe, etc to maintain continuity, and probably one or two other miscellaneous positions like a gaffer and a wardrobe/hair/make-up artist, or something.

Cast-wise, it depends on your story concept. If it's man vs. nature, you could have a single actor. If not, you're probably at least going to need one protagonist and one antagonist. Maybe with some quick and cheap cardboard costumes and a wide enough lens to hide the crappy costumes, you could do some larger battle scenes with extras.

While yes, it is possible- with a good enough script- to pare this down to you with a phone, a household lamp and your actor, a film- short or feature- is a far bigger undertaking than most people realise.

You may even need to trade on favours for skills, it might require you to do some stuff you don't wanna do- do your friends' chore lists for them in return for their work time, maybe. Not all your friends might be available, or skilled in something useful to the project, so you may have to look further afield. Your school's drama people, or theatre crew, maybe. They may have AV gear- can you beg it from Media Studies or whoever has some camera gear, maybe? Dunno if Canadia does the weird militarised school thing like here in the US, but do you maybe have a ROTC or similar program that you could borrow kids with actual military skills.

TLDR:

1) it's gonna be difficult if you want to do it well. Don't delude yourself or your friends on that. Save up some money first to help (warm food kills tensions quick).

2) Think outside the box- in this case, your circle of friends- on who might have skills useful to you, and find ways of making it worth their time.

3) Only once you have a list of available talent and resources can you actually start figuring out what story you can tell with them.

PS. My BR85 is made from MDF, styrene and Bondo. For this project you'd be better off going with foam.

my uncle is th co of canadain army cadets i will talk to him sofar i have 1 female odst and the squad leader whick is me sill whating on two more male odst

let me just say this. I've been working on my live action web show for around four years now just got all the weapons done all they need is paint, but wait now I got to make all the suits from odst to marine and I can't even make a good cheap marine helm. carma gear, I've got a few old vhs type which I'll have to convert to digital then have thiwk the audio because I've got a lot of xbox gaming mic.'s not head phones but mikes. the spict I've going on to add parts and taking parts out because off location, location , location good building/ warehouse talk to owner get a green light had it written down next thing you know he torn the building down wasn't happy about it but I knew I could fine some place else. actors I've got a theater professor that is going to let me do a casting talk before his classes so it would be easy to get a crew and cast hard part is pay right now work is slow like ten bucks a week so noble I know how you feel now cgi or vfx best thing for that is to look for some one who is really good with either blender or Google sketch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back