3d modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very open-ended question.
Lol, to say the least.

Are you referring to the process of extracting game files for conversion? From what I understand, this is not a project for the faint of heart. Acquiring them and then turning them into something useful can be a lengthy and difficult process. Having said that, I'm pretty sure the archive has some raw files available already. Have you looked there for what you seek?

If you are talking about simply recreating a model from the ground up then I'm afraid that is mostly just practice and patience in the program of your choosing.

How do you make 3d halo models?

http://www.blender.org

Download that, grab some tutorials, and settle in for the long haul. Learning to create a 3D model requires the same amount of time and dedication as any other art form, be it painting, drawing or sculpting - you can't expect to jump right in and create professional-level work in a week.

As for acquiring game models: that's not something the 405th is generally happy to discuss. Suffice it to say that Microsoft and 343i are aware of our using their assets, and are willing to turn a blind eye as to how we acquire them as long as we uphold the spirit of their T&Cs, if not exactly the letter. If your question is about how to go about extracting game models, I'd advise you to seek answers elsewhere.

I'm sorry I can't be of further use to you, or broaden my explanation further - literally, your responses are 'practise' and 'research', and an awful lot of them.

http://www.blender.org

Download that, grab some tutorials, and settle in for the long haul. Learning to create a 3D model requires the same amount of time and dedication as any other art form, be it painting, drawing or sculpting - you can't expect to jump right in and create professional-level work in a week.

As for acquiring game models: that's not something the 405th is generally happy to discuss. Suffice it to say that Microsoft and 343i are aware of our using their assets, and are willing to turn a blind eye as to how we acquire them as long as we uphold the spirit of their T&Cs, if not exactly the letter. If your question is about how to go about extracting game models, I'd advise you to seek answers elsewhere.

I'm sorry I can't be of further use to you, or broaden my explanation further - literally, your responses are 'practise' and 'research', and an awful lot of them.

what arcanine just said is probably going to be the best advice your gonna get unless you narrow your question down quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back