Hey 405th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDragonCJM

I have been wanting to start a spartan armor project for awhile now. Then I stumbled on to this site. And oh what a wonderful site it was, all these people with different armors and ideas.
Any ways, I'll get started.
I wanted my armor to be like my Halo Reach armor, which includes:
The basic Mark 3 hands Forearms, Biceps, Thighs, calves, and feet
Gungnir Helmet with Flashlight
Commando Left Shoulder
Scout Right Shoulder
Grenadier Chest with Collar
Grenadier Knee Pads
Tactical Wrist Tech
2 M6G Pistol
Sniper Rifle System 99D-S2 Anti-Materiel
Halo Reach Detached Turret
Halo Reach Spartan Laser
(pictures are attached)

I Plan on using SolidWorks to model and 3D print the armor in pieces and acetone weld the pieces together. If anyone has any stl, solidworks, or solidworks compatible files of these parts, the help for saving me time is greatly appreciated. I tried to convert pdo files into stl, but the free version of Pepakura wont let me export to different file types

Attachments

• 9718700_orig.jpg
    9718700_orig.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 271
  • Chest16-2.jpg
    Chest16-2.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 406
  • grenadier knee.jpg
    grenadier knee.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 130
  • GUNGNIR Helmet.jpg
    GUNGNIR Helmet.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 217
  • H4_splaser_trans.png
    H4_splaser_trans.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 224
  • scouts houlder.jpg
    scouts houlder.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 236
  • halo_reach_sniperrifle01.png
    halo_reach_sniperrifle01.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 787
  • HaloReach_-_M6G.png
    HaloReach_-_M6G.png
    708.8 KB · Views: 234
  • minigun.png
    minigun.png
    511 KB · Views: 2,641
If you go into the File Archive underneath the banner, then go to Halo Universe, Halo Reach, OBJ files, Halo Reach Game Assets. That is what you will want. HOWEVER these files are strait game rips and will not have detail or symmetry, but I do believe the one who assembled the rips did include the textures.

Yes, @Arcanine has ripped all the armor assets from Reach. If you have modeling skills, you can start from there.

I would highly recommend that you DON'T try to print pepakura files, because there were not designed for it, and you would have to go through a bunch of trouble anyways just to make them solid and printable. And you still wouldn't get the detail that you should, unless you add it, and smoothed the models. But thats just remodeling them anyways.

I have made a pepable Gungnir helmet, and plan on possibly making a printable one in the future. Link The reference should help you out, you can find it on my release thread.

Good luck! Oh and welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your help. The only modeling experience I have is done 3d modeling in Solidworks, inventor, and rhino. But I only own Solidworks. And another question I have. Is there a program in which I can open and dimension obj files? I have a program to view them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back