Not open for further replies.

Roadwarrior0901

Name, Mike aka Roadwarrior0901
Age, 62
Profession, retired engineer
Hobbies, building anything have been modelling for years
Halo, love it all and have been playing for years
Current projects, Halo FOD helmet and a 31 inch tall model Master Chief

Hello and welcome =) Out of curiosity, what are you making the model Master Chief out of?

Hello and welcome =) Out of curiosity, what are you making the model Master Chief out of

Hi and thank you for the welcome. The master chief model will be made by modifying a Darth Vader model that I pick up very cheap at a garage sale. Both the helmet and the model are being made using foam.

Guys thought that this might be an appropriate thread to use for some questions i have. First of all, is there a place where i can go for comprehensive instructions on how to build things; i am only 13 and although i have built my own computer i am not very good at cosplay. Second, my current project is stripping down a Halo 3 Legendary Edition Helmet and i am making it wearable, adding foam, searchlights and one-way visor, are there any tips or tricks that could help me out, or any ideas that i could integrate aswell. Thanks guys and please remember, i am a newbie to all this so please include as much detail as possible when helping me.
Thanks, Jamie

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how to i start a new thread instead of piggybacking someone elses?

Guys thought that this might be an appropriate thread to use for some questions i have. First of all, is there a place where i can go for comprehensive instructions on how to build things; i am only 13 and although i have built my own computer i am not very good at cosplay. Second, my current project is stripping down a Halo 3 Legendary Edition Helmet and i am making it wearable, adding foam, searchlights and one-way visor, are there any tips or tricks that could help me out, or any ideas that i could integrate aswell. Thanks guys and please remember, i am a newbie to all this so please include as much detail as possible when helping me.
Thanks, Jamie

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how to i start a new thread instead of piggybacking someone elses?

First: Welcome to the 405th!

Second: You may want to copy everything you wrote and insert it into a new post. To create a new post, go into the New Recruits section, and at the top left (Before any of the other post) there is a "+Create New Thread" button.

Finally: Here is a link to a whole shlew of helpful beginner information: http://www.405th.com/f21/new-members-sticky-index-updated-08-05-2014-a-10744/

Thanks, I've just watched the orientation video and think that ill just view other's projects for the mo instead of setting up a new thread just yet. Thanks anyways tho i really appreciate your help.
Merry Christmas!!

Hi sorry for the delay in answering, I got tied up with other projects. I do have some pictures of the FUD model, I am sorry I am not very good at take pictures as I am building but the model is part built so please bear with me as some parts need extra work to complete.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Whoa. It threw me off there for a second cause I thought it was a suit build, but then I remembered you were re-fabricating a Darth Vader model lol. It is looking really good, even though it is weird seeing Master Chief with Darth Vader arms =)

Hi Roadwarrior,
Welcome to the 405th!

Your Master Chief statue looking great so far. Looking foreword to seeing it progress :)

Name- Joe aka Burning Sky Joe
Age- 28
Night Job- HVAC Cloud Services

Hello all,
My name is Joe I have been making and wearing halo costumes for almost 3 years now. I have been making mostly Marine style costumes rather then the full on Spartan just yet. My range of events are from Washington DC up to New York and from Atlantic City out to mid PA. I run my own Facebook cosplay page to document all of the travels of my buddy and me. Current project: Halo Marine Pilot Captain.

Hi, again sorry for not replying sooner. I have just about finished the model it is now ready for some filler and paint. I have also included a picture of the full size helmet now with working lights, this again is a work in progress.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back