Halo 5, Mark 6 multi player helmet. SPEED BUILD.... This will happen fast 3.2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stony Props

I guess we are new recruits?

ch muliti 1.PNG

Anyways.....
Start date 1/3/15.
Jacob Morrin threw this model together over the weekend for me. Jacob is our senior modeler w/ MAD skillz.

h6.PNG

1/5/15 AM

The file was sliced & sent over in small pieces to a makerbot rep 2 printer.

We ran the single printer 24-7 & the printing was finished on 1/6/15
This is when I discovered that I had scaled it a bit to small. DAMN-IT.......

2/7 Reprinting............ :wacko & lost 48 hours.

The goal is to have this prototype completed, start to finish, & in a movie quality state in one week......... & I still have to put in a 40 hour week at the day job as well.

Re: Halo 5, Mark 6 multi player helmet. SPEED BUILD.... This will happen fast 3.2.

Sounds fun... Good Luck!

Re: Halo 5, Mark 6 multi player helmet. SPEED BUILD.... This will happen fast 3.2.

The 3D printer finished on Friday about 4 0-clock (printed low res. on a makerbot rep 2 )
I started the glue-ing it together and basic prep work. This was printed using PLA witch is the WORST 3D print material for finishing.
c1.jpg

4:00 Saturday update. 24 hours after the printer stopped.
Sanding / cutting / sanding & more sanding...........
c2.jpg
c3.jpg
c4.jpg
c5.jpg
c6.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Looking good after 24hrs!

4:00 Sunday 48 hours after printing.
ddd.jpg

dddd.jpg

That looks fantastic! Any reason for the time crunch; just curious :)

hehe... new recruit... not used to seeing that under your name!

The time crunch is a personal challenge thing. I'm working on becoming a better builder, that includes faster turnaround time without sacrificing quality.

I'm not as far along as I'd hope that I'd be but I'm still happy with the build so far. I should have this wrapped up over the next 3 to 4 nights and still have it molded next weekend.
Here's where im leaving off for the night.
d.jpg

dd.jpg

I'm actually drooling. what size/scale was this built? My fiance' is going to go nuts when I show him this!

I'm scaling it fit a about a 23" head (average adult male). It's a bit narrow of a helmet so it may look a little big to some but it has to be in order to get a persons head in without ripping off their ears.

This looks awesome. I can't wait to see the finished product. Hope it turns out the way you want it.

It does look a bit oversized on that bust. Would it not be better to have it in three sections, so that the wearer's ears can slide into that fat part behind the visor and the neck/chin is in two snap-together sections that lock the helmet into place? Or is it just not worth the extra effort based on market research or whatever?

Rob, with all due respect, If it looked to size on the bust, then it would look way to small once you add armor.
A multi piece, snug fitting helmet works well for a power ranger morph suit but not when trying to create a Halo armor piece.

Rob, with all due respect, If it looked to size on the bust, then it would look way to small once you add armor.
A multi piece, snug fitting helmet works well for a power ranger morph suit but not when trying to create a Halo armor piece.

Icon has a good point. Halo gear has a more big and bold look. If you put that on with other armor that was scaled the same way it will look off. I do a ton of 3D printing and saw quickly that this is not a good way to do halo gear. I tryed the storm trooper and that worked okay not the best but 3D scaling is a pain in it's self but when you get into how the gear is looks in real time or real life it is 99.9% of the time off. If you wanted to print this you may have to scale a lot bigger to get the same effect that your other gear has. But other than that the helm looks kick but can't wait to see it done!

99% finished, next I'll prep for molding..
It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.
xxxxxxxx.jpgxxxx.jpgxxxxx.jpgxxxxxxx.jpgxxxxxxxxx.jpg

That's awesome! Great work; might have to inquire about price of one of the casts... :D

Looks rad dude, you still out off Malabar? if so i want to come see this thing in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back