Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarConture

Hello, my name is Josh. Long time lurker on the forums, its only recently that i got around to making a profile. I live in Colorado, so the first question i have is who do i have to get in contact with to join the Mountain Regiment?

For my first build, i would like to make a set of EOD spartan Armor. I will be using the Pep programs, as i already have the Pep files, so it just fit. I know that i want to use carbon fiber, and resins, but what im not sure of is if it would be easier and admitadly cheaper to use Kydex for the outside of the armor. I have the padding down, and i do have an idea for the helmets eyes, and am familliar with the electronics that will be going into the helmet.

So if you guys have any questions, or suggestions for me please feel free to reply or send a PM i look forward to being able to post my porject and my progress on it.

Hello and thanks for coming out of the shadows lol. You'll want to get in touch with Gilmortar, as he is the moderator for the Mountain Regiment. Just toss him a PM and tell him you'd live in Colorado and would like to join. I'd never heard of Kydex before so I had to look it up lol, but unless there is another form of it, i.e. thinner more flexible sheets, I don't think it'll work so well, especially if you want to get good details. Unless you plan to cut pieces of the Kydex for each individual fold, but even then it seems like a lot of extra work that could be avoided if you did the Bondo method. Hope this helps you out =)

Ahoy!

Sounds like you're off to a rolling start! EOD is awesome, looking forward t your build progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back