dragon*con parade for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey link I will be back this to walk in parade and have my fiancé as a handler/camera person

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hey Link,
I have heard from Jim Mcrea and Steven Lee (Hyperballistic) Please add them to the list attending and walking.

i should have closed this a while ago. we dont have anymore spots left. so next year i'll need to request more arm bands

I'm going to try to meet up but I won't be marching. Can't wait to meet all of you in person!

updated with a map and theirs no more arm bands/spots left. next year I'll need to request for more bands

Before I saw this thread back when parade registration opened, I had actually reserved about 3 arm bands myself, for me and two others, I also reserved two or three on this thread, so I may actually have a couple spare arm bands, if thats the case then anyone can have my spares, but that's only if I actually have spares of course

Before I saw this thread back when parade registration opened, I had actually reserved about 3 arm bands myself, for me and two others, I also reserved two or three on this thread, so I may actually have a couple spare arm bands, if thats the case then anyone can have my spares, but that's only if I actually have spares of course
If you have extras I could use 2 if I can't pick up 2 from the mandos to walk with the 405th

Hi Link, is the meet-up location still the same at the Marriott, due to the route change? Or will we be taking the parade shuttle/MARTA and try to hunt the 405th down at the new starting location?

I'd like to fall in to the formation too if there's any way to find room for +1 ODST!

If you have extras I could use 2 if I can't pick up 2 from the mandos to walk with the 405th

I'm not certain, but I should have at least two extras, if not three, so if you still need them, then come find me when we all meet for the parade I guess

Midwest UPDATE:
21. Macattack64
22. CoS Spartan058
23. Breacher 013 +1
24. moderndaymarc
25. theveninja
26. Chase314

Last edited by a moderator:
If you'd prefer not to walk to staging to parade morning (approximately 7 blocks North of the Hyatt Regency's front door), here are some options.

There will be a special, "express service" shuttle operating for PARADE PARTICIPANTS ONLY on Saturday morning, September 5. I'm in process of verifying how many buses will be circulating on that loop.

There is ONE (1) pick up point - Marriott Marquis on Courtland Street, across the street from the Hilton.

There is ONE (1) drop off point - on North Avenue near Courtland Street. If, for any reason you need to get back to the host hotel area, you may board at the Courtland stop for the return trip to the host hotel area.

This special shuttle loop will operate from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM. FAIR WARNING though, if you catch a later shuttle, especially one that picks up AFTER 9:30 AM, you will probably not be able to get into place before the parade launches. Please DO NOT plan on boarding any shuttles to staging after 9:30 AM if at all avoidable.

The regular Dragon Con shuttle buses, which start running at 8:00 AM, will also make a stop at the staging area drop off point. If you are staying in a non-host hotel along the shuttle route, plan on taking an early shuttle as this is not an "express service" to staging. Information on the regular shuttle route can be found on the Dragon Con web site.

Another option for transportation to staging is MARTA. The closest station is the North Avenue station. It faces West Peachtree Street at the corner of North Avenue and is approximately one block our staging area. Take a left turn from West Peachtree onto North Avenue.

If you are driving in and are NOT a parade vehicle, there are quite a few parking garage and lot options in the area. Search the City's parking and other parking company web sites to find one that will fit your needs and budget. The Fox Theater which is in the block just North of staging is a good location pointer. Plan on arriving and getting parked/situated no later than 9:00 AM as you will be walking from your parking location to staging. Please be aware that parking in the area close to where we launch the parade will not be close to where we end the parade at the Marriott on Peachtree Center Avenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Link, is the meet-up location still the same at the Marriott, due to the route change? Or will we be taking the parade shuttle/MARTA and try to hunt the 405th down at the new starting location?

yes it will be in the same place. in the Marriott lobby

Hello! I've heard talks of there being a post-parade photo shoot. Does anyone have any details on this? Sorry if I missed it somewhere obvious :)

2015-Parade-Participant-Shuttle.jpg2015 PARTICIPANT STAGING: How To Get There
Address: 607 Peachtree Street NE – North Avenue Presbyterian Church Parking Lot
The church is located on the corner of Peachtree Street NE and North Avenue. There is a large Bank of America hi-rise directly across the street from the church and the Fox Theater is in the next block. If you walk by the Fox, you’ve gone too far.
Walking from the Host Hotels:
Starting at Hyatt Regency, the church and staging area are approximately 7 blocks North of the Hyatt Regency’s front driveway. That’s a turn to the right leaving the Hyatt. Stay on Peachtree Street. You cross over I75/85 and continue until you cross Linden Avenue. The parking lot entrance will be on your right.
Starting at the Westin, you’re just a few blocks away from the Hyatt Regency. Walk to the Hyatt and follow the Hyatt route.
Starting from the Marriott Marquis, Atlanta Hilton or Sheraton Atlanta, make your way to Peachtree Street and follow the Hyatt route OR take Courtland Street. It’s an 8-9 block walk, depending on what hotel you begin at. This route will bring you to the backside of out staging area. Once you reach Linden Avenue, turn left and continue up the block to Peachtree Street. Once on Peachtree the parking lot entrance will be on your right.
If you are not in the host hotel area and planning on walking, please refer to local maps to get you there.

MARTA:
Take MARTA to the NORTH AVENUE STATION, located on West Peachtree Street. Exit the station onto West Peachtree and turn left onto North Avenue at the corner. Walk on block on North Avenue up to Peachtree Street and you’ll see the parking lot entrance just across the street.

DRAGON CON SHUTTLE SERVICE:
A special “express” shuttle will operate from 7:00AM – 10:00 AM on parade morning. This shuttle is for parade participants only. There is only one pick up point (behind the Marriott on Courtland Street) and only one drop off point (on North Avenue between Peachtree Street and Courtland Street).
The regularly scheduled Dragon Con Shuttles will also drop off at the North Avenue location however unless you board at the Marriott or Sheraton, there may be numerous stops before getting to our staging drop off point.

DRIVING (non-parade vehicle):
Please refer to local maps or your GPS for the best route to take to get to the general area. There are lots of options for parking in the area. Please be aware that if you park near staging and the parade’s launch, your car will not be close to where the parade ends (Marriott Marquis).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back