dragon*con parade for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

link4044

Sr Member
new staging area is the entire block of Peachtree Street from Linden to North Avenue, plus the private parking lot & garage that is immediately beside the North Avenue Presbyterian Church (sits on the corner of Peachtree and North Avenue). Unless you are a parade participant, we ask that you stay clear that area, including lining the sidewalks of the block. Thanksarrow-10x10.png!

There will be a special parade participants' ONLY shuttle bus and route. The closest MARTA station is the North Avenue Station which is about a block from staging at North Ave and West Peachtree Street.

dragoncon parade route.jpg

i need to get an idea of how many is going. the parade sign uparrow-10x10.png starts on feb 15, i would like to be ready for that before it fills up

MEETING INFO:

Meeting Time: We start gathering at 8:30 AM. Depart from the Marriottarrow-10x10.png at 9:00.

Meeting Place: At the Marriott hotelarrow-10x10.png. Just inside their entrance in to their driveway.

in orderarrow-10x10.png to march you'll need 50 posts and a HALO RELATED costume

need to know names and how many is in yourarrow-10x10.png group.

1. link4044 +1
2. link4044
3. josh
4. masterchief0624
5. bmp props
6. justinian 117
7. BGCriss
8. cadet
9. InformedPuppy
10. Asgardianhammer +2
11.Asgardianhammer
12.Asgardianhammer
13. ShockWave
14. transmut1 +1
15.transmut1
16. mwmanus +1
17.mwmanus
18. TheBradinator +1
19. TheBradinator
20. Captain Ahmazing
21. Macattack64 +7
22. CoS Spartan058
23. Breacher 013 +1
24. moderndaymarc
25. theveninja
26. Chase314
27.Breacher 013
28.brkiker
29. mullins +1
30. mullins
31.vrogy
32.vrogy
33.JSnellArt
34.hydra
35.john
36.scott
37.calladar +3
38 calladar
39.calladar
40.calladar

If you'd prefer not to walk to staging to parade morning (approximately 7 blocks North of the Hyatt Regency's front doorarrow-10x10.png), here are some options.

There will be a special, "express service" shuttle operating for PARADE PARTICIPANTS ONLY on Saturday morning, September 5. I'm in process of verifying how many buses will be circulating on that loop.

There is ONE (1) pick up point - Marriott Marquis on Courtland Street, across the street from the Hilton.

There is ONE (1) drop off point - on North Avenue near Courtland Street. If, for any reason you need to get back to the host hotelarrow-10x10.png area, you may board at the Courtland stop for the return trip to the host hotelarrow-10x10.png area.

This special shuttle loop will operate from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM. FAIR WARNING though, if you catch a later shuttle, especially one that picks up AFTER 9:30 AM, you will probably not be able to get into place before the parade launches. Please DO NOT plan on boarding any shuttles to staging after 9:30 AM if at all avoidable.

The regular Dragon Con shuttle buses, which start running at 8:00 AM, will also make a stop at the staging area drop off point. If you are staying in a non-host hotelarrow-10x10.png along the shuttle route, plan on taking an early shuttle as this is not an "express service" to staging. Information on the regular shuttle route can be found on the Dragon Con web site.

Another option for transportation to staging is MARTA. The closest station is the North Avenue station. It faces West Peachtree Street at the corner of North Avenue and is approximately one block our staging area. Take a left turn from West Peachtree onto North Avenue.

If you are driving in and are NOT a parade vehiclearrow-10x10.png, there are quite a few parking garage and lot options in the area. Search the City's parking and other parking company web sites to find one that will fit your needs and budget. The Fox Theater which is in the block just North of staging is a good location pointer. Plan on arriving and getting parked/situated no later than 9:00 AM as you will be walking from your parking location to staging. Please be aware that parking in the area close to where we launch the parade will not be close to where we end the parade at the Marriott on Peachtree Center Avenue.

The PARADE PARTICIPANT ONLY Shuttle (7- 10 AM):

Two (2), 38 passenger, ADA compliant buses will make a continuousarrow-10x10.png loop between the back of the Marriott pick-up point and the Staging drop-off point on North Avenue. These are the only two stops on this special shuttle route. The first run leaves the Marriott at 7 AM. It will probably take 10 - 15 minutes to complete one full loop around this special route. The last of these shuttles' pick up is at 10 AM but we will have already launched the parade at that point, so I would NOT recommend taking that one if you are in the parade. The drivers will not be checking for wristbands but please be courteous if you are waiting at the Marriott stop and NOT participating in the parade, please do not take this shuttle – wait for the “regular” shuttle to arrive...this special shuttle only gets you to one other place anyway.

The "Regular" DC Shuttle ON PARADE MORNING (8 AM – Noon):

Three (3), 55 passenger buses (2 of which are ADA compliant) will make a full route run through the host hotels and to a bunch of overflow locations on parade morning. From the route map, it looks like the first stop is the Sheraton, the next is the Marriott, and the third stop is Staging (from there it continues on the long route around the overflow hotels). The first shuttle starts its run at 8 AM. There isn't a good way to estimate the frequency of shuttles or the time it takes to complete the whole route and getting to the Sheraton/Marriott pick up points because of traffic and the number of stops it makes after the Staging stop. Grabbing one of these as early as possible would work to get you to staging on time though. The "regular" shuttle maps and schedules, including the one running on parade morning (and NOT to be confused with the Parade Participants Only shuttle) can be found here: http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=shuttle_buses

dragoncon parade route.jpg

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

arrow-10x10.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Baring some incredibly strange unforeseen circumstance, I will be there. Probably by myself.

At least two walking the parade with me.

I plan on being there as long as i manage to finish my armor by then, so count me in too

Edit: Give me a +1, my friend is gonna be there too

Same here Link. Should have at least 2 maybe 3. Fo Sho!

hey mac! who's all in your group that's going? are they on the forum too?

As far as I know, I'm not sure what or if they have usernames on the forums. They are all friends of mine in our Midwest group. Do you need names?

EDIT: Here's a list I've got thus far:
- CoS Spartan058
- Lemonade

make sure they're on the forums or planing to join the 405th. this year is going to be different on marching with us

As far as I know, I'm not sure what or if they have usernames on the forums. They are all friends of mine in our Midwest group. Do you need names?

EDIT: Here's a list I've got thus far:
- CoS Spartan058

I thought the +1 was just to add me to the list, for me it's just me, so you don't need a +1 next to my name, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back