The start on my Halo: Reach Armour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, cut out the area you want to redo with a dremel, then rebuild the are and glue it back to the are its supposed to go. There will be a little ridge in the new area due to the thickness of the resin. But layering resin on the new area will level the edges out. I'd put an additional coat of resin on the new area. But yes you can rebuild an area on a completed piece. I've done it.

image.jpg
I pepped the shin, won't make the mistake of leaving it weeks to pep this time

I love that chest piece. I will be building one of those one I have the time and some spending money for all of the stuff. Keep up the great work! Everything is looking super clean and well put together! I hope that you can save the parts of it that got squishy :) but keep it up!

It will be easier to put together. I built the forearms you built, and It was a pain in the ass.

I'm using my iphone 5s. I adjusted the tac pad scale so the phone will fit inside after its built. 2 straps will old the phone in place.

This isn't the adjusted iphone 5s tac pad but I had a old phone that fit the first tac pad I built.

IMG_2152.JPG

Sorry i haven't posted in a long time..i kinda haven't done anything with it.

But i have my new chest piece done. I'll post pics when i can.

The tac pad is neat, it seems like a lot of people like to just put their phones in them which I guess makes for a con idnt place since most armor doesn't have pockets.

It woul also be a good place to put a portable speaker like a beats pill in to play music from your iPhone on the tac pad maybe run a wire up the arm into the chest piece.

I started resining the chestpiece yesterday, I'm finishing off the fiber glassing today and starting on Bondo next week.
IMG_1921[1].JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back