Tips for a Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hu433

Hi, I have just started to get into building armor and haven't even finished my first pepakura piece. So before I start getting into my first suit I wanted some feed back. I had planned for my first build to be a pepakura ODST. Are there any things I need to worry about when I scale, or measure? What advice can I get to help make my first suit as good as possible? Thanks, hope to hear from you soon. :)

Hey! I've only recently started out but i think my pep work is good. i guess the advice i could give is to make sure that scaling is good also bear in mind padding and sorts when scaling. and take your time rushed pieces wont look as good as a piece you've spent a few more hours on. Trust me the end result is rewarding. even in pep stage!

Hey! I've only recently started out but i think my pep work is good. i guess the advice i could give is to make sure that scaling is good also bear in mind padding and sorts when scaling. and take your time rushed pieces wont look as good as a piece you've spent a few more hours on. Trust me the end result is rewarding. even in pep stage!
Thanks! I think I have scaled properly. I'm still working out the kinks and learning how to use pepakura.

The best advice for right now for you is to learn patients. Plan on working on this for over a year. But welcome and good luck on your build. Post lots of pictures. we LOVE pictures

With scaling you have to watch out that the printer won't set the scale to a different scale.
Don't print more then 20 pages in one time, because it can destroy your printer. So you have print 20 pages and have to wait 10 minutes, so the printer can cooldown.
You can use a pizzacutter for the foldinglines.
And the last and best tip: be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back