First mjolnir powered armour Mk VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking pretty good so far! Your pep work is very neat and very solid. Not many people do the fiberglass route (to my knowledge) anymore, so I'm excited to see how your costume build progresses :)

-Knight

Sorry there hasn't been any updates in a while, i have been revising for exams but they finish this week so progress will resume very soon

a question for uk members or anyone that knows where the product variant page for uk is, what colour paint do you use for Master Chief, I've found the oregano green but id rather not have to ship it from america due to the increased cost.
Thanks for any help

Found the page, don't know how i missed it really. i am now just wondering what peoples experiences are with grass green

Progress has started on the chest piece again.
IMG_5706.JPG

And i have primed my helmet.
IMG_5722.JPG
and installed the visor and sealed the gap and put a second coat of prime, a bit got on the visor under the masking tape but I'm pretty sure nail varnish remover or white spirit will get that off.
IMG_5727.JPG
Sorry about the sideways pictures. now i just need to find the right colour for the primary colour and a matte clear coat.

Urgent question, do you seal the colours before you weather them, I'm planning on doing the spray black then rub off quickly before it dries method, do i need to seal it so the under colour doesn't come off

The helmet is finished! Here are some final photos of it.
Here it is with the first layer of primer and epoxy putty ( i love that stuff)
IMG_5726.JPG IMG_5727.JPG
I'll post more photos in a second, i just need to reboot my laptop because its not finding the new photos

Here are the other photos, This is the first layer of colour, its amazing how much it changes after its been weathered.
IMG_5749.JPG
I used a lot of masking tape to ensure i didn't spray anything i didn't want to.
IMG_5751.JPG IMG_5752.JPG

IMG_5754.JPG IMG_5755.JPG IMG_5756.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG IMG_5759.JPG IMG_5760.JPG IMG_5761.JPG

Definitely subscribing to this! I'm building this same suit and I'm trying to figure out how to install the visor. I might use the sake method you used. Seems easier than heating it to bend it. Keep up the good work!!

i just pushed it against hole and used hot glue then epoxy putty to seal the gap, Means that its not replaceable but it was easier and i didn't have the means to attach screw holders and stuff, (lack of easy supplies in rural England) and i also cut the visor a bit too small by accident.

I was wondering if anyone can help me, my plan is to wear this to RTX2016, which means i need to take it with me internationally, i would like to know if anyone else has done this and how it was achieved, and if they needed to do anything special. thank you for any help. More pictures are in their way soon.

I was wondering if anyone can help me, my plan is to wear this to RTX2016, which means i need to take it with me internationally, i would like to know if anyone else has done this and how it was achieved, and if they needed to do anything special. thank you for any help. More pictures are in their way soon.

Living in the UK, and having had plenty of experience with travelling internationally, I'd recommend the following:

Get a large, durable plastic container. Pack your gear in with decent-quality packing foam, make sure it's all held in firmly before sealing it up. And expect to pay a fortune for the excess baggage - a full costume, packed up, will likely take up a 1m square crate, easily.

Also - slap a declaration as to what's in the box, otherwise customs will tear it apart if they want to. Make sure you declare your items and state CLEARLY that it's delicate work.

sorry i haven't updated in a while. Holiday and family stuff. I have passed where i was with my old chest piece and am now pepping the thrusters. I have done a couple layers of resin on the forearms however when i went to fibreglass them today it started raining. i have also fibreglassed and primed the hand plates and i am rondo-ing the knuckle plates as it is quicker and easier to do than having to fibreglass each one.

IMG_5932.JPG IMG_5935.JPG IMG_5938.JPG
IMG_5937.JPG IMG_5947.JPG IMG_5950.JPG

I have cut the a whole in the back so i am able to get inside to harden it. then when it is hardened i will glue it onto the chest piece.

That seriously means a lot. I think i would die of happiness if it was, but i doubt it, there are some extremely amazing suits, made by extremely talented people!

I might be in the same position as you. Just started pepping out an H3 marine. For gluing the paper I've just been using PVA and paper clips to hold it together. I fine super glue to quick setting, and like people say hot glue leave to much work afterwards.

I'm using hot glue which is great but on some of the more intricate parts it can leave so blobs when the tabs are smaller then the beads of glue i can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back