First Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I would just like to apologise for the lack of posts lately, I have recently started a new job and moved house so my time has been absorbed by that of late. I will try to get back into things asap.

Wow that's insane work mate.. Looks fantastic, can't wait to see more. Where about a in Australia u at bud?

Wow following along with your build I gotta say it makes me wanna try my hand at eva foam. I think I'll grab some supplies and take a crack at some armor pieces this weekend. ( Been trapped at the bondo stage of my helmet for about a week now.)

Yeah Im not fond of waiting for results, I guess its a weakness, I too got over the rigorous sanding and re bondoing and so on, I was confident enough that Foam could give me the same if not better results and took that leap. Well worth it.

However ,over the last few months Ive not achieved much as life once again got in the way and haven't had too much time for other activities. BUUUUUUUUUUT I have some minimal progress to report and a few photos to show it. not long now before the belt is complete and ready for prime and paint. Ive added a rim around the top of the belt to clean it up a little and I think it just adds a bit more depth and dimension to the over all look. I have a few minor details to add and then its gap fix and paint time.
IMAG2571_zpsseujylbw.jpg
IMAG2573_zpswqouyxtd.jpg
IMAG2575_zpsso4lrkzb.jpg
IMAG2578_zpscdbyuksg.jpg
IMAG2580_zpsiexfi5wr.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2571_zpsseujylbw.jpg
    IMAG2571_zpsseujylbw.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG2573_zpswqouyxtd.jpg
    IMAG2573_zpswqouyxtd.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 250
  • IMAG2575_zpsso4lrkzb.jpg
    IMAG2575_zpsso4lrkzb.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG2578_zpscdbyuksg.jpg
    IMAG2578_zpscdbyuksg.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG2580_zpsiexfi5wr.jpg
    IMAG2580_zpsiexfi5wr.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 260
Cheers man, saved a few of your photos actually to reference for my undersuit. Just going to modify to suit my build.Ya did a sweet job !

thanks man! I actually hand drew my own templates lol I was using the Square Enix Play Arts figure of MC as a reference to make the under suit for my build. I'm still working on it, I have to focus on the biceps, upper thighs, and knees next. right now I just have elastic straps holding the knees and shins to the thigh parts. I want to make to where the under suit for the legs hide those straps and the knees have that floating look while it still has the elastic straps holding them in place while I bend my legs!

thanks man! I actually hand drew my own templates lol I was using the Square Enix Play Arts figure of MC as a reference to make the under suit for my build. I'm still working on it, I have to focus on the biceps, upper thighs, and knees next. right now I just have elastic straps holding the knees and shins to the thigh parts. I want to make to where the under suit for the legs hide those straps and the knees have that floating look while it still has the elastic straps holding them in place while I bend my legs!
What did you use to achieve the hex pattern. It seams pretty consistant.

Ok goiz and galz, Ive got up to the fun part. Paint. Ive applied a coat of primer to highlight all the imperfections, same technique I used for the chest piece. Ive filled in said imperfections with spack filler and sanded it all back and coated it with a second coat of primer. I have also now coated it with 2 layers of plasti dip which is currently drying (no shots yet). Hopefully I will have some more to show tomorrow if I'm feeling up to doing more after work. Here is what it looks like so far though.
IMAG2607_zpsvprkqne1.jpg
IMAG2608_zpse0tqlsgb.jpg
IMAG2605_zps7b2i7z2w.jpg
IMAG2600_zps9kyuo7cb.jpg
IMAG2604_zps4xhon8g9.jpg
IMAG2603_zpsrrcbzqv3.jpg
IMAG2609_zpsz5viky8n.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2605_zps7b2i7z2w.jpg
    IMAG2605_zps7b2i7z2w.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 336
  • IMAG2600_zps9kyuo7cb.jpg
    IMAG2600_zps9kyuo7cb.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 304
  • IMAG2604_zps4xhon8g9.jpg
    IMAG2604_zps4xhon8g9.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 317
  • IMAG2603_zpsrrcbzqv3.jpg
    IMAG2603_zpsrrcbzqv3.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMAG2608_zpse0tqlsgb.jpg
    IMAG2608_zpse0tqlsgb.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMAG2607_zpsvprkqne1.jpg
    IMAG2607_zpsvprkqne1.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMAG2609_zpsz5viky8n.jpg
    IMAG2609_zpsz5viky8n.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 217
Very nice build! I love the paint job on the chest. The way you made it look war torn is just beautiful. The cod piece is looking nice too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back