Halo 5 Battle Rifle modeling thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaTrolol

Alright. I'm new here,and since I can't yet post in the 3D modeling section I'll post it here. I've been scouring the web for any 3D Halo 5 stuff I could find.. which was, unsurprisingly, none. I got tired of waiting and searching and decided to go ahead and start making my favorite weapon from the beta: The Battle Rifle!
At the moment, I don't have much done, but I'll post pics when there is progress.
Constructive criticism would be much appreciated. That said, here's my reference pic:
Halo5_BR.png
And here is my current progress:
currentprogress_br_04.jpgcurrentprogress_br_06.jpgcurrentprogress_br_05.jpg
Model being done in Autodesk 3DS MAX 2012 with 3 levels of NURMS SubD per object for anyone who wants to know.
Current Polycount: 102,294 (Mostly Quads)

Attachments

• 6EAbAzJ.jpg
    6EAbAzJ.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 238
  • WQiX0Qd.jpg
    WQiX0Qd.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 203
You may want to start doing a blockout first, this way you can lock down your dimensions (thickness really) before getting too ahead of your self to modify it later.

And those edges are quite sharp, maybe try loosening them up a bit.

Whats this model going to be for? Game asset? Printing? Showcase?

You may want to start doing a blockout first, this way you can lock down your dimensions (thickness really) before getting too ahead of your self to modify it later.

And those edges are quite sharp, maybe try loosening them up a bit.

Whats this model going to be for? Game asset? Printing? Showcase?

I appreciate your feedback!
Can you specify which edges you mean? ATM I'm reworking the upper body/rails section so the posted pictures aren't quite up to date.
It's more for practice, to see how game accurate I can make it. I may or may not use it for something else, I might even release it.
Edit: I don't have many references. If someone could provide a reference of the BR's thickness (front/back/top/bottom) I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back