3D print files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, here's the .STL as well as a MakerBot print file with two of them set up for a Makerbot Replicator (if you have that printer). It is scaled to about 90mm (3.5 inches) length wise.

Here's what it looks like:
1d6f2dcdce3883c1cac93f1f085f28c8.png

.STL: https://www.mediafire.com/?n5p9jtgf7n77o6o
.makerbot: https://www.mediafire.com/?n5p9jtgf7n77o6o

That looks great dude! Thanks so much, is it flat like that or is it supposed to be rounded? Either way its awesome. Is there any chance that fingers could be made? You absolutely don't have to but it would be spectacular if you could. also both links lead to a .makerbot extension instead of .stl

My university has printers that have the wash away support system so how would I go about rounding it that little bit or do you think it is okay as is?

You are so awesome. Also that is a link to the image.
Haha thanks. I thought I changed that right after posting but I guess even though I replaced the text with the link to mediafire the hyperlink to the image remained? IDK that was weird. Anyway it should be working now.

Yea that was weird. So how does making the fingery bits make you feel? Golly gosh I need to learn how to 3D model, because I want to be able to provide models like you can. Sadly I only know how to use solidworks...

Yea that was weird. So how does making the fingery bits make you feel? Golly gosh I need to learn how to 3D model, because I want to be able to provide models like you can. Sadly I only know how to use solidworks...

I can try making the finger bits but the index finger one needs to bend so not sure that would work as a 3d print. As far as learning to 3d model, since you said you're at university you can get a free 3 year license for 3ds max which is what I'm using. For tutorials I would just look for some basic tutorials in Max on youtube and then look up Grant Warwick Mastering Hard Surface - his tutorials are awesome. You can pay (worth the money to support him) or you can find it free online if you look... if you know what I mean :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back