File Archive Issues - 15/16 Feb 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Hey there, guys and girls. Arcanine here, with an unfortunate announcement.

Unfortunately we're experiencing some issues with the File Archive at the moment - a number of users are reporting broken downloads, with files returning a 'No Development Data' error. While I can't be certain of the extent of the issue, I can promise to keep you informed of any changes as soon as they happen. I've personally sent Art Andrews a PM to try and get a resolution on the issue, and I'm hoping that he'll get his guys behind the scenes to work their magic and resolve the problem as soon as is possible.

In the meantime, please refer to the backup 4Shared Database for files. I can't guarantee that the 4Shared Database is up-to-date, but there should be some viable alternatives there for those that require files.

Again, I can only apologise for the interruption of service, and that we'll have a resolution as soon as possible. Please refer all reports of broken files to this thread, along with any additional information that might help us to diagnose the issue and get things back to normal.

Thanks for your understanding and patience, all. Armour, Honour, Community.

EDIT: I'm seeing that some members are reporting downloads as appearing to be in some Notepad format, depending on browsers. I personally use Google Chrome, and files are both downloading in and displaying as .PDO format, but aren't opening properly in Pepakura. I'd appreciate any information regarding your browser configuration (Firefox/IE/Chrome/Safari, etc) when submitting a report about the Archive.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE - 07/19/2015

I've been contacted by MissingSpartan7 and informed of the cause of the 4Shared Database issues. While I won't go into the specifics of the issues out of politeness, I can mention that hopefully we should have the problem resolved soon.

I'll make another update as soon as things happen. Thanks for being patient and bearing with us.

Upvote 0
UPDATE 07/20/2015

I now have access to the 4Shared Database and am able to begin pulling the required files from it, for upload onto our own Archive. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to re-open access to the 4Shared Database for the public user, so this rather inelegant solution will have to suffice for the moment.

As always, if you're struggling to find a file, please check the Archive first with the Search function. If your search turns up nothing, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, this matter is considered to be resolved.

Upvote 0
UPDATE 07/20/2015

I now have access to the 4Shared Database and am able to begin pulling the required files from it, for upload onto our own Archive. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to re-open access to the 4Shared Database for the public user, so this rather inelegant solution will have to suffice for the moment.

As always, if you're struggling to find a file, please check the Archive first with the Search function. If your search turns up nothing, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, this matter is considered to be resolved.

Resolved?

Have you completed migrating all files or are some still in progress?

If you've completed moving everything to the 405th archive, you may want to edit your previous post to specify that. Otherwise, THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

Upvote 0
Resolved?

Have you completed migrating all files or are some still in progress?

If you've completed moving everything to the 405th archive, you may want to edit your previous post to specify that. Otherwise, THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

The majority of the content is now migrated - at least where Halo files are concerned, which was always my main priority. There are some foam-ready files that need to be uploaded, one or two minor prop and weapon files that could do with being hosted, but nothing I wouldn't consider to be project-halting work.

Non-Halo files are still in progress. The issue now is that we're getting requests for files that were never in the 4Shared Database, and aren't in the Archive either - unfortunately, going through the entire forum to check posts for download links and then collecting those resources for addition to the Archive is a task I don't think I shall be entertaining. As ever, I invite content creators to upload their own works to the Archive rather than host them off-site.

Upvote 0
Thanks, FANGS. As I've previously stated in the past, sometimes things like this take a back seat to personal life, but I do try and get things online now and again in bursts, whenever I find the time to do so.

Regardless, with the Archive now functional and the Database issues resolved to the best of my ability, this thread seems to have served its purpose. I'll request a lock, and this information can remain as a pointer if ever I need to refer a user back to it.

Upvote 0
Update 25/11/2015

For those of you joining us through the new Mexican Regiment who may be experiencing Archive issues, please be patient. I understand that there are going to be some conflicts in user permissions thanks to the way the access permissions are set up on our system - it's not ideal, and I've contacted FANGS to try and find a solution so this doesn't happen again, but until I have things sorted out, there may be a few issues with you uploading and downloading files.

Essentially: I need to go in and alter each category individually again, which is going to be excruciatingly tedious. I'll do my best to get things done in a timely manner, however. I apologise in advance for any issues.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I am told there is no easier way. We appreciate the work you do for the members, Cherry.

Upvote 0
This is a bit of a hefty bump, but it pertains to the File Archive permissions system, particularly for non-members of the site.

If you are not a registered member of the 405th Infantry Division forums, you will no longer be able to view files. I have taken these steps in an effort to try and reduce the number of erroneous/fake file reports I receive, since there seems to be a bug whereby non-members are still allowed to submit reports. This applies to the following groups:

- Banned members
- Unregistered/not logged in members
- Users awaiting account validation
- Users awaiting post moderation

Pretty much this means the following: if you don't have an active, validated 405th Forum account, you won't be able to download our files. Pardon the mess while I get things cleaned up - and, for the rest of you, please keep in mind that reports still need to be topical and relevant.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back