File Archive Issues - 15/16 Feb 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Hey there, guys and girls. Arcanine here, with an unfortunate announcement.

Unfortunately we're experiencing some issues with the File Archive at the moment - a number of users are reporting broken downloads, with files returning a 'No Development Data' error. While I can't be certain of the extent of the issue, I can promise to keep you informed of any changes as soon as they happen. I've personally sent Art Andrews a PM to try and get a resolution on the issue, and I'm hoping that he'll get his guys behind the scenes to work their magic and resolve the problem as soon as is possible.

In the meantime, please refer to the backup 4Shared Database for files. I can't guarantee that the 4Shared Database is up-to-date, but there should be some viable alternatives there for those that require files.

Again, I can only apologise for the interruption of service, and that we'll have a resolution as soon as possible. Please refer all reports of broken files to this thread, along with any additional information that might help us to diagnose the issue and get things back to normal.

Thanks for your understanding and patience, all. Armour, Honour, Community.

EDIT: I'm seeing that some members are reporting downloads as appearing to be in some Notepad format, depending on browsers. I personally use Google Chrome, and files are both downloading in and displaying as .PDO format, but aren't opening properly in Pepakura. I'd appreciate any information regarding your browser configuration (Firefox/IE/Chrome/Safari, etc) when submitting a report about the Archive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double post, I know, but any updates deserve for the thread to be bumped in order to spread the news around.

Unfortunately, current files still seem to be having issues. However, I uploaded a test file a few minutes ago, which seems to be working properly - indicating that perhaps the database has somehow become corrupt. If that's the case, we'll do our best to restore the files as soon as we can, and ask for your patience while we rebuild the Archive.

That said, it's worth noting that all of this is still purely speculative - I've not gotten an answer back from Art regarding the issue yet, and it's entirely possible that we'll be able to restore the Archive from a backup.

For users trying to access the Archive: please find (LINK! >) THIS (< LINK!) file, and report back in this thread your results with downloading it.

Again, I can only apologise for the issues we're having. We're on the case.

EDIT: word from Art Andrews is that the issue's being looked into. I'll try to keep you all as up-to-date as I can as things develop.

Upvote 0
Thank goodness.

BTW, for what it is worth, I am working on getting all of the 4Shared files downloaded and could really use your and rundown 's help in getting those pushed up to the database.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank goodness.

BTW, for what it is worth, I am working on getting all of the 4Shared files downloaded and could really use your and @rundown 's help in getting those pushed up to the database.

Cool stuff. Let me know what you need me to do and I'll get it done - the File Archive seems reasonably complete and I rarely get 'missing file' complaints, but it might be worth cross-verifying what we have where, and getting everything all settled down and transferred over.

Either way, let me know what your plans are - I assume you'll pack the files up, Dropbox them to one of us, and let us go nuts?

Upvote 0
I will be updating the skyrim section this week. Still got loads to upload in there.

Also might be opening a halo 5 section. Since the beta is out and all. Even i already started to model files from it.

Upvote 0
I will be updating the skyrim section this week. Still got loads to upload in there.

Also might be opening a halo 5 section. Since the beta is out and all. Even i already started to model files from it.

Cool stuff. Let me know if you need any help!

Also, Art Andrews as I mentioned via PM, some Staff powers over content on the Archive might not go amiss for me - currently I'm only able to upload, and not remove content or add new sections. Being able to take things down from other people should I need to would be very helpful.

Upvote 0
I'll help download all of the files from 4shared. I want to do my part for this community. Just let me know what you want done.

IMG_1808.JPG

Upvote 0
Halogoddess is right. There was glitch in the system. I was trying to log in on my phone a few days ago and the website wouldn't allow me. My computer is always logged in, and I noticed on the computer my name was changed without any notification of the change, I wasn't able to log in on my phone because my name had it's 2 underscores removed from my official 405th name. my name was ErMaC__ and now its ErMaC and I did not change it. So I assumed that you guys removed the symbols in all of our names. Which im ok with. But I was having trouble logging in for a while because of that.

Upvote 0
Halogoddess is right. There was glitch in the system. I was trying to log in on my phone a few days ago and the website wouldn't allow me. My computer is always logged in, and I noticed on the computer my name was changed without any notification of the change, I wasn't able to log in on my phone because my name had it's 2 underscores removed from my official 405th name. my name was ErMaC__ and now its ErMaC and I did not change it. So I assumed that you guys removed the symbols in all of our names. Which im ok with. But I was having trouble logging in for a while because of that.

Sorry for the confusion. We did post about this here:

http://www.405th.com/f23/hey-my-user-name-changed-why-cant-i-login-44085/

Upvote 0
Im not worried bro :) I will always be loyal to this website. you guys are doing a great job and thank you.

Upvote 0
Thanks ErMaC for your support. I'd love to get some assistance, but we've got the file uploading situation pretty much covered. Having too many people on the job means risking having duplicates uploaded and the Archive becoming a mess, as the 4Shared Database ended up becoming towards the end.

However, I will be levering some assistance from the community regarding the File Archive within the next few days - keep your eyes peeled for an announcement and for your chance to contribute. All being well, you'll be able to earn yourself some credit, maybe even earn yourself a shiny title. I promise you, it'll be worth it.

Upvote 0
When was this?

I think it was on the 16th. I only access this site on a computer and I stay logged in. When I came to the site, the page would not load. I attempted a few times with no luck so I went to that isitdownorjustme.com site and when I put in the 405th, it said the site was down.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back