Material help for ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harri51

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S251
Ok folks got a serious question about my plans on the ODST trooper build I am working on. Ok planning really. I am shopping McMaster Carr and found some great strapping rolls. My question is the width of 1 or 1 1/2 inch and if I should get the .019 inch or .075 inch thick material. I was looking at the foam but the mats are cheaper by far. And other material advise for an ODST would be helpful. Being as I am getting divorced I am gunning for a con this year.

So any advice I ordered my foam last weekend and will be getting it soon. Like I am not sure where to start. should I go helmet or work on the chest......So confused on what to do and where to start. lol

i would start with the chest, and ab sections first. They are the easiest peices of all the ODST armor.

Ok because I am free handing a lot of this build with LOTS of reference images. Not to mention my foam came in tonight. So soon i can start building. But good to know.

I agree that the chest is a good place to start. Having the chest done first will give you a solid piece to use as scale reference as you build out the rest of your armor, plus it gives you a good sense of accomplishment to have a main piece wrapped up first ! :)

Well I will start there first then. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back