RTX 2015 - Exhibitors/Funders Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakku

It's that time of year.. to plan the RTX 2015 booth!

A lot of the below describes specific amounts needed to evenly split the costs of the booth. However, if you would like to make a donation towards the booth costs without necessarily signing up for booth duty, please Ctrl+F to Open Donations.

Table of Contents
01.01 Convention Information, 01.02 Booth Information, and 01.03 Setup
02.01 Current Exhibitors, 02.02 Open Opportunities, and 02.03 Pros and Cons of Contributing
03.01 Information and Updates
~~

01.01 CONVENTION INFORMATION
RTX 2015 (RoosterTeeth Expo)
August 7 - August 9, 2015
Austin Convention Center
Austin, TX

~~

01.02 BOOTH INFORMATION
We will be reserving a space exactly like last year, a 2 booth space as an endcap.
Defaults Include:
- 10'x20' floor space (at the end of the aisle)
- 2 plain tables
- 4 plain chairs

~~

01.03 BOOTH SETUP
- Space for pepakura/foam demos
- Space to show props/armor
- Space for our cosplay-fixing station
- Mannequin of Ash Turner's Spartan
- Space to sell shirts/props/etc.

~~

02.01 CURRENT EXHIBITORS
Confirmed 7/28/15
Booth Contributors (helping to fund and run the booth)
All payments received!
- Caitlin
- Eric
- Saul
- Jason
- Dillon
- Matt
- Lena

Booth Helpers
(helps with running booth or acts as handler for other members in armor; requiring a minimum of 3hrs with some form of help)
- Heavenly Fightr (badge payment received)
- MJPvt Grif (badge payment received)

02.02 OPEN OPPORTUNITIES
T-Shirt Contributors (helps to split cost of 405th shirts to sell at booth)
$60 each, will receive 2 shirts of their size choice
(Money will only be collected once goal amount is reached)
UPDATE: Unfortunately we did not get enough to make the run happen in time for RTX. However! Interest is noted, names are going to be kept, and we will do a run for funsies soon.
Drakku, Boomshakra, Cadet, danielix 96, SgtSprinkles, transmut1

Prop Gallery Loaners (props/armor loaned to the booth for show and demonstration)
(Please PM me for details)
- Drakku
- sarlume

Charity Raffle Donations (high-end prop/armor piece donated towards the booth raffles)
80% of proceeds will go to donator's charity of choice, 20% of proceeds will go to booth funding for next year
- Drakku (helmet; Austin Pets Alive in memory of Ash Turner)
- sarlume (hand-painted, wooden plasma grenades and a child-size Wetwork; need charity information)

Booth Volunteers (no monetary donation necessary)
- danielix 96
- Katastophie
- Boomshakra

Open Donations are also an option if you're not in the area and still want to help. Any amount you can contribute to the booth can help us make it that more awesome! Donations will go toward: cost of the booth, cost of furnishing the booth, printed flyers and handouts, supplies for the cosplay-fixing station, and so much more.

02.03 PROS AND CONS OF CONTRIBUTING
As well as having the warm, fuzzy feelings of satisfaction at having successfully contributed toward the funding of the RTX booth, you have the following to look forward to:
- All donators will receive an exclusive 405th armor decal that can be easily attached to your existing armor
- All booth-helping members will also receive an exclusive lanyard charm displaying their exhibitor status
UPDATE: Unfortunately, due to time constraints, lanyard charms will be unavailable during the convention, but all members that help will be mailed one in the near future.

Cons include.. well, that there are no cons. What a con!

~~

03.01 INFORMATION AND UPDATES
Information
So if I paid for a badge, when/where do I get it from you?
We have two options: I will be in Austin on Thursday night to do booth setup. You can get your badge from me then (and help with setup if you like). The other option is to pick it up on Friday morning before the convention begins. (We will have a more definitive meeting point as the con draws closer.)
Are we having a 405th Meetup?
Yes! Currently brainstorming exact details. At minimum, there will be a get-together and photo-op on Saturday (time to be decided), and a group dinner/hang-out session on Friday night at Dave & Buster's.

Updates
07.28 @ 17:53 - updated information, payment details, etc.
04.30 @ 16:33 - updated information and names
04.02 @ 17:58 - updated information
03.19 @ 16:01 - updated information
03.19 @ 13:40 - updated information; reworded and gave more detail to some sections
03.17 @ 15:55 - updated information
03.12 @ 02:59 - updated information
02.25 @ 17:57 - updated information

I'll be there, but as an exhibitor at GrifballHub. Hope we're neighbors like last year!

Got the thread moved over to this subforum instead of in the Southwest, because I think we'll get a little more attention! Haha.

Just as a reminder, though a lot of these things are for RTX, the T-Shirt, Prop Gallery, and Charity Raffle are all opportunities available to members, even if you aren't coming to the convention yourself.

Will try to get out there to help, just need to check out how many days off I'll have by that point.

405th Pacific might be able to pool together some money to help, in exchange for you putting one of our sexy calendars up at the booth. ;)

405th.jpg

I'd be willing to chip in the $60 to help fund the T-Shirts.

Trooper0621 Oh heeeeeell yeah we would sell your calendars. We're going to have a larger section for selling things, so if you guys want us to, we totally can.

Cadet Excellence! I'll put you down on the list. I'm not taking money yet until I know the run will make, so I'll let you know if it does. :]

I would like to help out with $60 for the shirts and the booth volunteer work

Awesome, danielix 96, I have you added to the list.

Just an update (and the first post has been updated to reflect as well), RTX officially took the first half of our payment the other day, so we are guaranteed our spot.

If I can at least get a few more people involved in shirts, that would really be awesome. (I can't really afford to front very much more of my own money.) ;[

As it gets closer I will let u know if I will be attending I plan on it but plans can change

I'll be there, and associating with no less than three communities: Extra Life (ELO's RTX thread), GrifballHub (Hub's RTX thread), and the 405th of course. If you were there last year, you probably saw the Hub and 405th booths right next to each other, around the corner from the Extra Life booth. The Hub had 16 GAEMS cases for two Grifball matches at any given time, plus free swag, merch, and tournaments. They could use your help making this booth a reality again this year. The Hub is doing a Kickstarter (running now through May 2). Whether you can contribute or not, we can't wait to see you all there!

I went to RTX last year and the booth y'all had was awesome. I'd like to be able to hear that you guys went down again and had a good time (I won't be there again because of the cost, sadly)! So sign me up to help with those t-shirts and let me know when you need the money.

Also; can we get some kind of image of the shirt? I'd like to see what I'm getting if possible.

I'll be around, too! I'll have three kids with me, so I'm not sure how much I could do in terms of volunteer work. Still, I want to help in any way I can. If I need to bring extra props for the prop gallery, I'd certainly be able to do that.

I also have a couple of wooden, hand-painted plasma grenades and a child-sized Wetwork helmet that I could donate for the charity auction! (if they pass quality inspection)

I'd like to propose buying two slots for shirts for a total of 120.

You can give my free shirts to Sarlume and her kids, she can pick the sizes she needs. :)

I can't make it, but at least I can help and make some kids smile :)

zander013 No worries, just keep me posted.

Myrherder Yesss, I'm hoping we can all get put together again. My money is super tight at the moment with the booth and my trip coming up, etc., but I'll try to give a little to the Kickstarter to ensure ya'll can come. :]

SgtSprinkles That's unfortunate!! But thank you for helping where you can.
Also; can we get some kind of image of the shirt? I'd like to see what I'm getting if possible.
At the moment I'm just picturing the 405th logo on a black shirt. My original hopes were to put the Southwest Regiment logo, but then I figured we would have more interest from the community as a whole if we were more inclusive with the main logo. However, I'll make sure a final version goes out for approval amongst everyone that's donating towards the shirts so that (at minimum) the people supporting the project are behind it. Haha.

sarlume Oh ya'll are always welcome! I would appreciate some extra prop loaners if you didn't mind. If you maybe had some sewn examples of your undersuit? I'm sure that would be a blast!
I also have a couple of wooden, hand-painted plasma grenades and a child-sized Wetwork helmet that I could donate for the charity auction! (if they pass quality inspection)
OMG, yasss, if you're willing to donate them. That would at least cover an item each day of the convention. Do you have any pictures you can message me?

transmut1 Ah! That's very kind of you. I'll mark you down. I'm sure Sarlume appreciates it as well. :]

transmut1 such a show of generosity! I'm going to check with my better half about contributing to this at a 2-shirt slot.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so my credit card is prepped for the second half of the payment to come through on June 1st.
I received the email today from the convention peeps, and I have costs now if we wanted to go in for extra tables or chairs for the space.
Now that I have more specific dimensions, booth layouts should be coming soon.
I need to update who has paid me and who owes me still, etc.
Aaand then I think I've caught everything up..

@MyrHerder Awesome, just let me know when you know for sure! :]

@transmut1 Oh I know, right.. I've gotten some awesome lifelong friends out of this community, which is why I love to run booths like this~

Trying to get my build ready for RTX.
One question though....

Does anyone have any extra tickets/passes?

I just checked the website and everything is sold out.

Trying to get my build ready for RTX.
One question though....

Does anyone have any extra tickets/passes?

I just checked the website and everything is sold out.
Sadly it still looks all sold out, I just got the day off approved.. I'm gonna email a friend to see if they can help you out WandererTJ, But I can't make any promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back