Pacific Regiment in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger06

As noted in this thread (http://www.405th.com/f23/updates-405th-2015-all-please-read-44153/), the 405th is looking at finally making the transition into a formal costuming club.

I realize many of you may have concerns about inclusion for those who are not active on the forums or own full suits but are active and valued members of our groups. Rest assured that the Pacific Regiment will adhere strongly to the core value of Unity: "We value every member and the bond of community they collectively create." As noted in the new charter,

"Regiment Commanding Officers are free to adopt reasonable policies and procedures in accordance with the 405th Mantle as needed, so long as they are supported by the local membership and do not conflict with the letter or intent of the 405th’s policies and procedures."

It is my intent, if I remain RCO (Regimental Commanding Officer) to ensure that we continue to operate in the same successful manner you all have operated over the last 5+ years. We will do what we can to avoid "fixing what isn't broken" and make this transition as smooth as possible so that you wonderful folks can worry less about membership requirements and more about sharing your loves of costuming and Halo.

To help in this transition process, I ask that all potential members please fill out this online form which provides basic user information:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T6rp-V-Ukuvp8xbruIn7d4LUScpIz_BiphjdacWg1aY/viewform?usp=send_form

For those wondering why bother to make the transition to a formal club in the first place, the purpose is to hep create a stronger sense of unity within the larger 405th as a whole. By formalizing the membership process, the end goal is to make it easier to connect with your fellow 405th members, other regiments, and with the Halo community as a whole, better allowing the 405th to welcome new members, answer requests to help at events, and showcase our member's talents.

Keep in mind we are treading new ground here and there will be growing pains. We will be testing new policies and ideas, not all of which will be successful. Your support and feedback will be critical moving forward, and I ask that you bear with us. If you have *any* questions or concerns, please comment below or send an e-mail to 405thPacific@gmail.com

On a final, personal side note. I apologize for my lack of presence over the last few months. With official club organization now well underway, I will endeavor to maintain a more active presence from here on out. My sincerest thanks to @Spacemeat and @gliderx64 on their excellent job keeping everyone active, and to everyone else for being such amazing community members.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if anyone has the capability to lead us, it has has been, and shall be you, comrade.

...You also make a good scapegoat :D

Keep in mind as well that there is the non-costumed tier for members who are handlers and supporters or prop makers etc. I don't want people stressing about us going official. We're going to work through this with everyone until we get all of the Regiments up and running and the members accounted for.

Trooper0621....I like your form....nicely done! Thanks for the effort you're putting in to this.

I think that's a big thing everyone needs to keep in mind. The Mantle and push to finally make the 405th a true organization is a huge undertaking, and no doubt there will be room for improvement and change. But if we wait and wait and wait to try and make sure the Mantle is 100% perfect, we would never have it completed. And honestly, even if we spent 5+ years figuring it out, as the 405th had before, we might still be in the same position. A big change like this will always involve a degree of risk. Many of the apprehensions you may feel now, I've shared, and so has the rest of the leadership. With that said, I implore you to have faith that Art, Fangs, Ashuraa, Masterchief0624, and the rest of the staff believe as strongly in the core tenants of the 405th as you do: in the unity of the community, the art of crafting amazing armor and props, and in honoring the Halo universe. Do not fear stumbling as we implement these new changes, but instead let us stumble forward together.

And if anything does go wrong, blame the Reds.

I SO appreciate that Trooper0621. You have no idea how much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back