My first cosplay build, any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Final3ch0

So i built an odst costume out of Eva foam and I have it all finished and painted, but the edges are still pretty rough, does anyone have any good tips on how to clean up the foam and make everything look nice and clean?

I would use lightweight drywall spackle to clean up those rough edges. If your going to use sandpaper, I wouldn't use a grit lower than 160. I have never had good results from rough sandpaper lower than 160 on foam. I use 220 on the drywall spackle and it seems to work fine. You might have to do some retouching on your paint job though.

Sounds like you skipped the finishing work prior to the paint job. There's a lot of sanding, grouting, heat sealing etc. before you lay on that first coat of PlastiDip. Maybe check out the Evil Ted channel on YouTube, he goes over a lot of that stuff in good detail. Depending on what's left to do finishing wise, you might be better off stripping the paint and starting over, if that'll give a significantly better result. But that's up to you.

Yeah i did rush it with the paint, i was trying to get it atleast presentable so i could use it at an up coming con, but thank you guys for the tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back