problems with pepakura designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogatan

I downloaded pepakura designer yesterday because the clone trooper armor I found in the archives is too small for me, so I wanted to size it up. When I try to open it, it opens it in pepakura viewer, which can't resize anything due to the lack of a 2d window. I tried uninstalling viewer so that the only thing that could open it would be designer. but when I tried again to open it, it brought up a window that said "cannot open pepakura viewer. If someone could help I would be very grateful.

I tried that and it keeps opening up and closing at such a rapid speed that the only way I know how to close it is log off and log back on again and the weird thing is that it was not doing that yesterday yesterday it just opened it up in viewer but now it is doing this and I have no idea what to do

I tried that and it keeps opening up and closing at such a rapid speed that the only way I know how to close it is log off and log back on again and the weird thing is that it was not doing that yesterday yesterday it just opened it up in viewer but now it is doing this and I have no idea what to do

The file is the problem. I don't know exactly how it's done, or how to UN-do it, but certain files can only be opened in Pepakura Viewer. If you try to open those files with Pepakura Designed, you'll have what you described, the window rapidly opening and closing uncontrollably, requiring a forcible shut-down. The only way around this is to find out who has access to the original file and have them do whatever needs to be done to make it accessible to both programs.

If you try to open those files with Pepakura Designed, you'll have what you described, the window rapidly opening and closing uncontrollably, requiring a forcible shut-down.

This sounds like an extremely isolated bug rather than an issue with the program at large - I've never had this problem, regardless of which version of Pepakura I'm running.

Regardless - to echo the original statement: the file is locked. Please let me know which files exactly you're trying to open and I'll take a look at them for you.

This sounds like an extremely isolated bug rather than an issue with the program at large - I've never had this problem, regardless of which version of Pepakura I'm running.

Regardless - to echo the original statement: the file is locked. Please let me know which files exactly you're trying to open and I'll take a look at them for you.

I think it's a file problem more than a program problem. Pretty much every file I ever got from the Pokemon Pepakura group "Paper Pokes" had this same issue.,I had it happen again wit the "Briareos Gun" here in the 405th file archive. It will open fine in Viewer, but if you open it in Designer, it goes into spasms just as described and nothing stops it except to forcibly end the session (which for me means holding down the "power" button on my laptop or desktop tower until the computer shuts down). It is definitely more of a problem with the file itself, not the program.

On certain things I could understand that. Props and such that are meant to be a certain size. When it comes to armor, it has to be scaled, and scaling will mess with the layout of the unfolded pieces, so they'll need to be arranged again. And you can't save anything. Not really sure why people bother posting/sharing locked files.

I think I figured it out. What I did was I opened up fierfeks thermal detonater file (because its pretty small) I clicked file went to import (*.pdo)... and I picked one of the files that I wanted to open. Now it did ask me for a password, which is something I don't have, but when I clicked ok for the password (even though I didn't enter one) it let me import the file anyway. So that's really all I had to do. Thanks for your help guys.

I could use people's opinions on my issue. I have a recurring error pop-up that tells me I have unsupported characters in the file name. None of these characters are present so I have no idea what brings this window up. IN addition the same window appears when I try to import an OBJ file. If someone could enlighten me as to why this error appears I would be most grateful

I could use people's opinions on my issue. I have a recurring error pop-up that tells me I have unsupported characters in the file name. None of these characters are present so I have no idea what brings this window up. IN addition the same window appears when I try to import an OBJ file. If someone could enlighten me as to why this error appears I would be most grateful

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering problems, however please do not resurrect dead threads, it's been dead for over a year.
Also, there is a Pepakura section on the forums, I bet you'll find a more fitting thread there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back