First time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeybax

Hey Guys & Girls,

This is my first build I've attempted, I am making the Master Chief Mk VI Helmet.
I have downloaded the file and printed it all out and I am working through cutting all the pieces out.
Like I said I have never done this before and I thought it would be a good idea to jump on here and ask for some advice or tips that you guys may have for me to make this first build that bit easier.
If anyone has any links to some tutorial videos I can watch to help me out that would be awesome.

Thanks Heaps and I will keep you posted with progress shots.

Welcome to the 405th. Im kinda new myself. Ive made it through my first helmet excluding the face shield. Im wantign to go with foam this time. see which i like.
Good Luck!

Hey welcome! I'm also new to the 405th and I have to say, it's an awesome community. Good luck with your helmets! I bet there gonna look great! Are you guys gonna do any lighting in them?

I wasn't planning on doing any lighting this time around, this helmet will be a test to see how I go with making it. If all goes well with it then I will be making another one straight away and I will be trying to include lights. Did you guys run into any dramas when making your first ones? Thanks for the reply as well guys.

Mikey:

There is CRAZY amounts of info on the 405th. The hardest part is taking the time to go through all the threads and trying to find the answers to your questions. Your best bet for info are the stickies at the top of every forum especially the "New Member Sticky Index" at the top of the New Recruits forum. That's the best place to start: links, tutorials, FAQs, etc.

Obviously those posts wont cover everything, but once you feel you have a reasonably good idea on the subject manner, go ahead and get your hands dirty. A small "test" project will get you that experience and by working on a small "test" piece, you save material, money, and the time not having to scrap a bad project piece. Practice makes perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back