Agent Locke Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPEN%20EDGE_zpseetojee1.png

Its the spot right below the middle of the visor. I've circled it in yellow. There isn't a smooth flow of geometry in that little spot. Its hard to tell just from a pic. With the model opened up in Pepakura, try highlighting the edges around that little spot. That particular spot, the edges are all cluttered up. Or in other words not intersecting properly. Hope that makes any sense.

Attachments

• OPEN%20EDGE_zpseetojee1.png
    OPEN%20EDGE_zpseetojee1.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 234
I actually fail to see what exactly isn't symmetrical about it, I assure you it really is. The model itself is just a half that's mirrored. It has to be a mistake on pepakura's end. But I'll look at it when I get the chance to make sure.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to go right a head! I'll be 3D printing it in November when I get my 3D printer. But I'm sure everyone who doesn't have a 3D printer would be extremely grateful!

When the file is ready just upload it to the file archive or send it to me. Its up to you. Let me know what you want to do.

Maybe it is just pepakura. It's just gonna take longer to specify edges, because I'm unable to use the mirror tool in pepakura. Will update you when finished.

so i prepped the model for 3d printing and i am doing a test print for the front of the helmet as i type this!!

fullmetal56 i printed mine a tad on the small side (not by much though) and the front took about 7-8 hours.

What program did you use to give the helmet mass? I'm having a hell of a time getting it right in blender, and fusion 360 has a shell function but for some reason it won't show up when I load the model.

Last edited by a moderator:
What program did you use to give the helmet mass? I'm having a hell of a time getting it right in blender, and fusion 360 has a shell function but for some reason it won't show up when I load the model.

Believe it or not, i actually used blender XD i just converted the mesh measuring system to metric and applied the solidify modifier.

I don't think you can, to be honest. You might wanna contact Chernobyl. She is the Librarian.

I did, she said I had permissions to do so, but I can't find an upload button anywhere. I really wanted to add this file to the archive since it's the only one available publicly and other members might not look here.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a screen capture. image.jpg

Sucks, wife left her laptop at work. Probably would been close to finishing up on the unfolding. I mean it's unfolded, just need to do touch up and organizing the parts for printing. Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow night. I will post it there in my unfold portfolio thread. Will be updating that thread pretty regularly. That can be another place to they can find the file.

Speaking of agent locke. Did you happen to see the advertisement for the online armor set for agent locke. It's a preorder bonus with GameStop. That vid is sick! Locke is moving around like he is stinken Superman! Speechless!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back