Agent Locke Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullmetal56

Jr Member
Also known as "Hunter Permutation". Wanted to show you guys the work I'm doing to create agent Locke's helmet for pepping. Doing it in ZBrush. This iteration is actually Version 4. I've never used ZBrush before this so I'm trying to learn it as I model. Here's 2 shots, one from the front and one from the right. I know of at least 2 people who have made this same helmet by 3d modeling but they didn't release the models. Which is fine, that's their choice. But once I'm finished I'll put it up on here for EVERYONE! Then you can take it and pep it, or take the model and modify or fix it or what ever. Free reign. But please keep in mind that this is after only a few hours of work. It'll look a whole lot better once I'm finished.

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.20.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.20.13 PM.png

Sweet. I've been learning ZBrush too. Bit hard to get used to coming from other programs and there's sooo many damn tools but definitely a really powerful package once you do get used to it.

So here's a couple of updated pics.

Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 7.40.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 7.39.41 PM.png

Let me know what you think. I've begun to get annoyed with Zbrush and am really thinking about leaving it as this. if anyone wants I'll upload the zbrush file and you can take it from there. Otherwise we'll call this the low-res version and leave it be until someone better at modeling than me can make a good one.

YAY!! IT's Finished!! I got over my frustrations with ZBrush and completed it! It's not perfect and it can really only be considered a low res model but its not to bad for someone who's never modeled in a 3D program before! So here's a couple of pics, and here's the link to the .obj file for pepakura. Please keep in mind that this has NOT been unfolded yet so that will have to be done before you could actually pep it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8u4bxqqgnccin/Halo%20Hunter%20Helmet%20Final.obj?dl=0

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 5.21.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 5.22.01 PM.png

If anyone would be interested in having the original ZBrush file then hit me up and I'll send it to you. I intend to keep my word on the model being free reign. Never liked DRM anyways.

Nice work dude! :) Also there is no problem if the helmet has less details! We can just add them later with cardboard or something else. What really matters is the "shape" which is allright! Lastly could you clean up the file a bit cause in it´s current state it is impossible to unfold.

Pat-

dvdfvfdv.png

Nice work dude! :) Also there is no problem if the helmet has less details! We can just add them later with cardboard or something else. What really matters is the "shape" which is allright! Lastly could you clean up the file a bit cause in it´s current state it is impossible to unfold.

Pat-

View attachment 9489

What do you need me to do?????????? The only thing I know I can do for sure is cut the amount of polys in half over and over. Otherwise I'm at a loss for what I could do to "Clean up" the file. Crap, that just sunk my soul a little bit.

I´am not an expert on this, but cutting the polygons did it´s job plus it fixed the open edges too! The one with 1000 polys is just fine and I´ll start unfolding it today. :)

Pat-

222.png

It would probably be better to clean up by polishing and then doing a complete remesh, possibly manually. If you want to throw me the original ZBrush file I would take a stab at it.

Yeah I did but didn't finish anything... I have several other things that are top priority for me right now so not sure when I'll get to it..

Also known as "Hunter Permutation". Wanted to show you guys the work I'm doing to create agent Locke's helmet for pepping. Doing it in ZBrush. This iteration is actually Version 4. I've never used ZBrush before this so I'm trying to learn it as I model. Here's 2 shots, one from the front and one from the right. I know of at least 2 people who have made this same helmet by 3d modeling but they didn't release the models. Which is fine, that's their choice. But once I'm finished I'll put it up on here for EVERYONE! Then you can take it and pep it, or take the model and modify or fix it or what ever. Free reign. But please keep in mind that this is after only a few hours of work. It'll look a whole lot better once I'm finished.

View attachment 9391

View attachment 9393

Hey there fullmetal56! i was wondering if you could possibly make your file 3d printer compatible? (i.e split in to sections and make thicker walls) i just got my 3d printer functioning and would love to print this!

Last edited by a moderator:
nerdtron99 I am actually done messing with that model. But all the files are listed up above for anyone to access and modify as they see fit. So if you have a 3d program that can import a zbrush file or can modify the .obj file then feel free to do so. I don't really have enough experience with the 3d programs to modify it like you're talking about anyways. Here's the high res .obj file (I think): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8u4bxqqgnccin/Halo%20Hunter%20Helmet%20Final.obj?dl=0 and the original Zbrush file is just a couple of posts up above.

- - - Updated - - -

Can an admin sticky this or add the files to the database?

So I unfolded this helmet and as of this moment have about 20-25% of it put together. I'll post pics when I'm done. After that I'm gonna heat gun a thin layer of polycarbonate over (or in, haven't decided which way would be better yet) it, and then possibly either layer some high density foam followed by some low density foam on the inside of the polycarbonate or layer some carbon fiber inside.

About 70-75% pepped now. One more day and I'll post pics before attempting to heat gun the polycarbonate on to it. Oh, and if anyone was interested, the polycarbonate I bought was from lowes called Lexan. Got a 28 X 30 X .085 inch sheet for just under $27, which is way more than enough to do a helmet. And actually a sheet this large is probably big enough to do a chest piece. Not both of course but individually.

Hola. Un gran saludo desde México.

Me alegra mucho haber encontrado un post donde pueda esperar un archivo para poder hacer la armadura del Agente Locke de Halo 5 Guardianes.

Espero y salga muy bien tu proyecto y suerte.

So, I kind of ran out of super glue...I have 9 big pieces to glue on the helmet to finish it and I ran out of super glue...:facepalm Anyways, I did promise pictures so here's two of the nearly finished helmet:

IMG_1294.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

As you can see the right side of the helmet is missing because I wasn't able to finish it last night. But I will get it finished today! Also, I have tried on what is finished and it fits my head perfectly. Modeling it off of an actual head when I made it really really really helped. Eyes line up with the vizor, nose with the extrusion below the vizor, chin goes where it's supposed to, and space for padding. It's damn near perfect. My only concern is that the opening to put your head in the helmet might not be big enough outright, however, some modifications after I get the polycarbonate formed to it should fix that issue. I hope you enjoy the pics!

- - - Updated - - -
CasualCosplayer did you get anywhere with this?

I have around 50% done, but it looks like I don´t need to finish it since you already unfolded it. I´am busy working on my own stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back