New here and one problem: Never made armor before

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarknessKnight

Hi, I just joined up on this site because I want to start making a set of MKVI armor tailored to my own style so I can have a unique look when I go to PAX East next year. I was just wondering what would be a good start for the novice of novices. >.<

Eva foam

- - - Updated - - -

Make the armor using eva foam and use pepakura files to make the perfect stencils

Best thing you can do buddy is search the entire 405th forum, watch how other people have tackled their armor. There are soooo many out there and YES i would highly suggest using EVA foam floor matts for your first build. Also check youtube for great tutorials. You can checkout DaFrontLineTrooper on youtube as he does some pretty good tutorials and is a good place to start. My only real real advice thought is don't wait for someone to give you a step by step by step instruction on how to do it.....Chances are it's not going to happen. Watch how the "Pros" do it and replicate what you see. Then buy yourself some foam and try your luck :) The ultimate best way to learn is by trial and error.

Best thing you can do buddy is search the entire 405th forum, watch how other people have tackled their armor. There are soooo many out there and YES i would highly suggest using EVA foam floor matts for your first build. Also check youtube for great tutorials. You can checkout DaFrontLineTrooper on youtube as he does some pretty good tutorials and is a good place to start. My only real real advice thought is don't wait for someone to give you a step by step by step instruction on how to do it.....Chances are it's not going to happen. Watch how the "Pros" do it and replicate what you see. Then buy yourself some foam and try your luck :) The ultimate best way to learn is by trial and error.

Couldnt agree more with what ShockWave said.

Goodluck on your build! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back