commander thorn helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogatan

My question is simple, how would I map out the patterns for the helmet. Is there like something I can print off the computer or what? For painting.

Attachments

• Thorn.jpg
    Thorn.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 381
It might be easiest to free hand it and mask off any areas you want to stay white and then paint the area exposed without tape with red.

I would say do the inverse of what Miky said; spray the whole thing red, make patterns for the red part and paste them on to mask it off and then paint the rest white.

The problem with painting the entire helmet red is that white often allows colors (like red) to show through the white layers similar to a "bleeding" effect. By creating a white "undercoat" you'll be able to have the red "pop" better. I would personally shy away from painting the "detail" colors as the base coat and using later coats to do the base of the piece. I may be off, but I'd say most people prefer this method. It also makes this easier to create weathering and battle damage on the detail paint.

Although taping the details for painting would work well, I would also suggest looking into creating your own water slide or inkjet printed decals. I don't know how detailed you want the helmet to be, but those are all good ideas to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back