scanner helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWarrior24

getting the pep files from here, I'm beginning first with the helmet: a scanner helmet from halo 4

so far its uncut, want to make sure its done right so I ask, does the printing of this look right?

Attachments

• IMG_1071.JPG
    IMG_1071.JPG
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    999.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    950.8 KB · Views: 245
Looks like everything looks fine, i know ths reply is 4 days late and you probably already started the only thing i see you coulda done was lower the maragin to 5 in the printer and paper settings witch will give you more room per page for parts, not much more but its helps.

Looks like everything looks fine, i know ths reply is 4 days late and you probably already started the only thing i see you coulda done was lower the maragin to 5 in the printer and paper settings witch will give you more room per page for parts, not much more but its helps.

Well, I probably couldn't alter it since I can't use pep (Have a mac) so when my friend converted them to PDFs I just used what was there. You think I should have zoomed in it more, making the pieces bigger?

nope dont need to zoom in lowering the margin makes it so the space on the border of the page is smaller, as you can see from your pics the alignment marks are inside the page fairly far, if you lower the margin to like 5 or 6 those marks will go all the way to the page end (if you do borderless print) doing that increases the area of wich you can fit parts per page, more parts per page = less paper used up :) if your not worried about paper you dont need to worry about margins.
ideally you want the alignment marks as close to the edge of the paper as you can if you ever print any parts that go beyond the paper so you can align the paper up and tape together before you cut out the part.
as for converting to PDF as long as your friend saved it for what ever paper your useing IE Letter/A4 before converting to PDF you shouldnt have a problem when you print it from adobe

nope dont need to zoom in lowering the margin makes it so the space on the border of the page is smaller, as you can see from your pics the alignment marks are inside the page fairly far, if you lower the margin to like 5 or 6 those marks will go all the way to the page end (if you do borderless print) doing that increases the area of wich you can fit parts per page, more parts per page = less paper used up :) if your not worried about paper you dont need to worry about margins.
ideally you want the alignment marks as close to the edge of the paper as you can if you ever print any parts that go beyond the paper so you can align the paper up and tape together before you cut out the part.
as for converting to PDF as long as your friend saved it for what ever paper your useing IE Letter/A4 before converting to PDF you shouldnt have a problem when you print it from adobe

Thanks for the tip. I messed with the printing layout and got the margins nearly gone, so got more space.

I've finally started cutting. though It's nearly impossible to fold these. someone gave me the tip to use the dull end of an exact-o knife to make it easier

1545622_10152887145559398_3413757358344626437_n.jpg

I would suggest checking this video out. It will help out a lot. If you have Skype, I will be more than willing to get with you personally to give you pointers on how to effectively assemble your pepakura project. I see a lot of people putting out models out there that are unfolded. To be honest they are only half way done. I can tell you by the way some of the pieces are unfolded it will make it harder for you to assemble your pep. You see the piece that is almost a full circle. The flaps on it have spaces in between them. The piece that will be connected to the circler piece will have the same with gaps in the flaps. It is better to have all the flaps on one piece. Remember I said their were gaps in the circler piece? That can be eliminated by right clicking on your mouse> box should pop up> select (Edit flaps). Once selected you can switch flaps between connecting pieces. Hope that makes sense. And for your skinny pieces of paper, like the one in your pic all the way to the left at the bottom. Flaps should be going all the way around that thing. It is most likely gonna be connected to bigger pieces. It sucks having to glue flaps to pieces that are smaller than the flaps. That leaves you having to come back with your xacto knife, and then cutting the flaps down some. Sorry so long. Hope all this makes sense? Like I said, let me know if you have skype. That will be easier. If need be, I'll set aside some time to make a tutorial? God bless! Almost forgot, here is the link. http://www.405th.com/f28/unfold-tutorial-satchmo-iii-41225/

Sorry to resurrect a possibly dead thread, but I'm thinking about making a Scanner helmet as well. Does the scanner itself block your vision much? And if so, is there a way around it? The helmet looks cool, but I want to be able to see out of it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back