ODST Medic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualCosplayer

Sup guys!

So my question is - Do you think that there is a place for a "ODST medic" in the Halo universe? If yes than how would you design the armor or would you remove the armor completely? What kind of a equipment would he/she have?​

Some of the older members might remember my ODST Medic armor (Original thread - http://www.405th.com/f21/chiefers-odst-build-wip-27936/ ) which was my "first" project. Yes it was not the best looking armor, but still a good looking one for a first build, but that´s not the point. Well it caused a bit of a "stir" since nobody made one before even though a bunch of people wanted to make one. Some people though an idea of a medic in Halo is kinda stupid, others would have just made him look like another ODST with a white helmet with a red stripe in the middle and some "medic emblems" on the shoulders...etc. Three years later I´am working on a V2 which will be even more stripped down ODST armor as you can see on the picture below which is or should be the "final" version. I was thinking really hard on how to make it look more like a medic, but still keep that ODST feel. I removed some unnecessary parts to increase mobility, added more pouches and a backpack to hold more medical equipment, chnaged the weapons from M7S, M6C/SOCOM, combat knife to just the M6C/SOCOM and a combat knife.

Pat-

Concept

1781244_816650398398021_1712108349151223583_o.jpg

Final version

scan0001.jpg

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 409
  • 1781244_816650398398021_1712108349151223583_o.jpg
    1781244_816650398398021_1712108349151223583_o.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 439
lore wise probably not (ODST would be like The navy seals) though one of the people in Southern Regiment did a Spartan medic that is turning out amazing.

to answer your question yes there are medics marines in reach sometimes have on medic armor heres some I've found.

halo-reach-radio-and-medic-trooper-2-figure-pack-3-640x640.jpg

plus there already a odst medic out there.

_re_upload__halo_3___odst_medic_by_pl29cosplay-d7dfcau.jpg

My experience comes from a military-related field. I was a CLS instructor, that’s Combat Life Saver, and was the “first responder” before the Medic got on-line with the casualty.

First, I love the design. I am especially impressed with the little reaper decal. However, you are putting too much emphasis on weaponry when you should be focusing on aid equipment. The pistol is a good touch, but you shouldn’t carry anything more than an SMG besides. Otherwise, your ammo pouches should be replaced with Biofoam bottles.

Also, on your left thigh, include a med kit. You should also have a pack with the white stripe and red medic symbol (caduceus). It might be a good idea to look into purchasing a “field litter” to strap to the side of your pack.

I like the idea about not having the large shoulder armor, but you might want to look into Marine shoulders rather than just patches to protect your arms. They aren’t as big as the ODST, but will offer protection.

My suggestion, rather than the white and cross, though. Is to make a white ODST skull and superimpose the Halo Medical symbol over it.
Otter.png

lore wise probably not (ODST would be like The navy seals) though one of the people in Southern Regiment did a Spartan medic that is turning out amazing.

Yeah they are kinda like the NAVY Seals and there was a guy back in the day too who was making a Spartan Medic too! Actually we might be talking about the same person. :)

to answer your question yes there are medics marines in reach sometimes have on medic armor heres some I've found.

View attachment 9669

plus there already a odst medic out there.

View attachment 9670

Yes, but those are troopers and marines not ODST also I know that cause it´s me. :p I had to change my username.

My experience comes from a military-related field. I was a CLS instructor, that’s Combat Life Saver, and was the “first responder” before the Medic got on-line with the casualty.

First, I love the design. I am especially impressed with the little reaper decal. However, you are putting too much emphasis on weaponry when you should be focusing on aid equipment. The pistol is a good touch, but you shouldn’t carry anything more than an SMG besides. Otherwise, your ammo pouches should be replaced with Biofoam bottles.

Also, on your left thigh, include a med kit. You should also have a pack with the white stripe and red medic symbol (caduceus). It might be a good idea to look into purchasing a “field litter” to strap to the side of your pack.

I like the idea about not having the large shoulder armor, but you might want to look into Marine shoulders rather than just patches to protect your arms. They aren’t as big as the ODST, but will offer protection.

My suggestion, rather than the white and cross, though. Is to make a white ODST skull and superimpose the Halo Medical symbol over it.
View attachment 9679

From what I´ve seen those shoulder armor might be good and they might fit into the Halo universe. I think I´ll go with those. Yep it kinda looks like he has more ammo pouches than medical equipment right now. xD I´am gonna put two Biofoam canisters into the two big pouches on the front (I´ll also have some in the backpack.) - it´s good to have them at hand and not just in the backpack like in the game. Those small pouches on the side will contain some med equipment too and the pack on the left thigh will be a med kit. I also though about putting a millitary water bottle on my side, but that might be a bit too much.

With "field litter" you mean this? - http://www.eguide.com.sg/Uploads/PressReleases/Tactical-Folding-Stretchers-9442_image.jpg

I personally don´t think I put THAT much emphasis on the weapons :) I just tried to make him carry as litttle as possible, but still be efficient and we all know that the M6C/SOCOM is pretty powerful. Thanks, I keep forgetting what it´s called. xD I´ll think about a new design anyway thank you for the help!

Pat-

From what I´ve seen those shoulder armor might be good and they might fit into the Halo universe. I think I´ll go with those. Yep it kinda looks like he has more ammo pouches than medical equipment right now. xD I´am gonna put two Biofoam canisters into the two big pouches on the front (I´ll also have some in the backpack.) - it´s good to have them at hand and not just in the backpack like in the game. Those small pouches on the side will contain some med equipment too and the pack on the left thigh will be a med kit. I also though about putting a millitary water bottle on my side, but that might be a bit too much.

With "field litter" you mean this? - http://www.eguide.com.sg/Uploads/PressReleases/Tactical-Folding-Stretchers-9442_image.jpg

I personally don´t think I put THAT much emphasis on the weapons :) I just tried to make him carry as litttle as possible, but still be efficient and we all know that the M6C/SOCOM is pretty powerful. Thanks, I keep forgetting what it´s called. xD I´ll think about a new design anyway thank you for the help!

Pat-
You could carry that, but I know from personal experience that it is heavy as heck. It doesn't look like it, it doesn't feel like it, but when it hangs on your back for an extended time it is. I was talking more along the lines of a soft litter like the one below.

Otter.jpg

As for the weapon, you might be able to get away with just carrying the pistol. You could also get away with carrying a Humbler, too.

Like the design. Consider giving him a first aid backpack or somesuch.

Navy SEALs do have corpsmen attached to them.

Here's the design I made for a film, based on feedback from a corpsman (also pictured).

medic.jpg

Light is good. Elite units tend to travel lighter. The backpack usually carries less essential equipment that can be ditched. Agree a pouch on his thigh would look nice (but thigh pouches are ****ing annoying to travel long distances with)

Our corpsman was one of our best shooters. Carry the same weaponry as your team. "Killing the enemy is preventative medicine."

Like the design. Consider giving him a first aid backpack or somesuch.

Navy SEALs do have corpsmen attached to them.

Here's the design I made for a film, based on feedback from a corpsman (also pictured).

View attachment 9704

Light is good. Elite units tend to travel lighter. The backpack usually carries less essential equipment that can be ditched. Agree a pouch on his thigh would look nice (but thigh pouches are ****ing annoying to travel long distances with)

Our corpsman was one of our best shooters. Carry the same weaponry as your team. "Killing the enemy is preventative medicine."

Actually I saw that concept picture on DeviantArt I believe a while ago and I was very inspired by it as you can see. :) I will use a backpack. If you say that it´s a bad idea putting a pouch on my thigh I might reconsider, but on the other hand it will be empty or stuffed with something to give the illusion that something is in there. Then I guess I´ll make an M7S too.

Thanks for the advice!

Pat-

A pouch on the thigh is generally less than idea, but sometimes it's the only way to go, as far as from a utility standpoint. Sometimes it can also be necessary from a visual design standpoint. =) I kept thigh plates on my ODST medic design largely because even though they are impractical, they simply looked better.

Similarly, I kept a chestplate on my ODST sniper even though that would be a terrible idea for a role that involves being prone all the time (as we experienced during filming). Visually it was just too bland and unrecognizable without one, so "rule of cool" won the day. After all, it's science FICTION not reality, in the end. ;)

The way a lot of equipment is carried in the military is you prioritize your gear. So all the immediate life-saving equipment (tourniquets, gauze, bio-foam) would go on pouches that are easily accessible in the chest area. A backpack would be used to store lower priority gear and could be ditched or left in a staging area depending on the operation.

And I'm very flattered I could help inspire you! =D

A pouch on the thigh is generally less than idea, but sometimes it's the only way to go, as far as from a utility standpoint. Sometimes it can also be necessary from a visual design standpoint. =) I kept thigh plates on my ODST medic design largely because even though they are impractical, they simply looked better.

Similarly, I kept a chestplate on my ODST sniper even though that would be a terrible idea for a role that involves being prone all the time (as we experienced during filming). Visually it was just too bland and unrecognizable without one, so "rule of cool" won the day. After all, it's science FICTION not reality, in the end. ;)

The way a lot of equipment is carried in the military is you prioritize your gear. So all the immediate life-saving equipment (tourniquets, gauze, bio-foam) would go on pouches that are easily accessible in the chest area. A backpack would be used to store lower priority gear and could be ditched or left in a staging area depending on the operation.

And I'm very flattered I could help inspire you! =D

True, sometimes it´s all about looking cool and not realistic. xD Yep, it´s sci-fi, but I like it when it looks realistic, it´s just a personal preference. Well I removed the thighs because they were impractical just like you said and also some other parts, but I had to keep some of them or atleast the ones which reminded people that it´s an ODST and not just a complete OC (even though it is a OC). So I guess now that I have all this information I´am going to draw another concept (hopefully the final one xD) and try to implement all or most of the suggestions.

Pat-

I like the idea of an ODST/Marine medic. I know it doesn't make much sense in the canon but someone's got to take care of those marines!

Unless there's another guy in the Southern Regiment doing a medic that means you're talking about me! If so thanks for that! Some times I can be a terrible critic of myself and think that it's just not up to par.

I like the idea of an ODST/Marine medic. I know it doesn't make much sense in the canon but someone's got to take care of those marines!

Unless there's another guy in the Southern Regiment doing a medic that means you're talking about me! If so thanks for that! Some times I can be a terrible critic of myself and think that it's just not up to par.

I have seen your build and I really like the way you made the Recon helmet especially the blood splatters and there are medics (Halo:Wars, Halo:Reach (Trooper medic) and in the Halo short film (Marine medic)), but not ODST medics. :D

So I used most of the suggestions you guys gave me and well this is what I came up with. (See picture below) This was something I quickly draw so please look past that, :D but I will draw a better one once I decided on the final version. Anyway so I went with the thing that looked cool and not realistic that is the med pack attached to the left thigh. No, it won´t be packed full of medical equipment, but it will be stuffed with something just to look like that there is something in there so it shouldn´t be heavy. It will have either the red cross or the caduceus symbol on it. I added two more smaller pouches on the belt for more med. equipment and also a "water bottle" or canteen. Into two of the big pouches on the front I placed two cannisters of Biofoam so pretty much everything important is at hand. The other two pouches will contain ammo for the MA5K. Yeah in the end I decided to go wit hthe MA5K instead of the M7S SMG because it is better in pretty much every aspect in my opinion. Other than that well I will sue some kind of shoulder armor which will have the red cross symbol on it. So what do you think? :D

Pat-

scan0003.jpg

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 390
Looks good. I love that you think of that as a quick drawing that we should look past ;)
I think that's the way to go: have a normal ODST color set with prominent medical symbols, rather than a white ODST.
Before i saw the torch on the helmet, i considered suggesting the snake icon (caduceus?) on the side. I put a pilot symbol on mine (more accurately, Sean Bradley put it on at my request).
uploadfromtaptalk1427074359156.jpeg

Looks good. I love that you think of that as a quick drawing that we should look past ;)
I think that's the way to go: have a normal ODST color set with prominent medical symbols, rather than a white ODST.
Before i saw the torch on the helmet, i considered suggesting the snake icon (caduceus?) on the side. I put a pilot symbol on mine (more accurately, Sean Bradley put it on at my request).
View attachment 10193

I think it would just look like Mickeys helmet with the default paint scheme (minus the com. pack on the left side) and I want it to kinda stand out a bit so that people could see that it is not just an "ordinary" soldier that´s why I´am going with a (not completely) white helmet with a red stripe in the middle and also a white chest plate with the red cross or the caduceus on it like on my previous one or V1 as I call it (The whole armor won´t be white.). Well I have been thinking about placing a small "logo" on the back of the helmet, that grim reaper with - "Call for me and not for him!". Yeah I do like to think outside of the box. xD

PS: Also here is a nice picture of the medic in Halo 4 for example whos armor is completely white with red mixed in it which is a bit too much in my opinion - http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121117233206/halo/images/2/20/Halo4_UNSC_Marines.jpg

Pat-

I've got two corpse men so that's two.

I've got two corpse men so that's two.

Unless you meant that as a joke, you are a fail at this station.

With that said, CasualCosplayer is right. The Marine Medic in the Landfall Live Action short carries a special pack. Not sure how you want to implement that, but it's a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back