My first post and armor! Halo Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built another helmet for a friend. He's building the same armor and i'm helping him a bit.
hghgf 020.JPG

Oh man, my internet wasn't working for over three weeks!!
I hope I didn't miss too much.

I resined some parts and I think they get well. But my torso, both shoulders and a helmet are broken. That's very bad, but I started already with the new parts.
xyfhl 020.JPG

Thank you guys! Also for the wallpaper :D
Well, to resin and glass this armor will be the next challenge, because I've never seen resin in Germany. But I read that wood-glue is an option.

Being greek i had a simular problem actually.
(mind you, im not going to ask for any money mate ;D)
But i found some resin in a hardware store with powertools, paints etc
I asked for fiberglass resin and they were confused, not knowing what it was. Suddenly one of the people working there popped up saying "Did you mean plexiglass?" and apparently that helped.
As for "bondo" (putty), they gave me automotive body filler, which is practically what you want.
Your pep works looks absolutely stunning and im happy to see something other than the master chief/ODST/the occasional EOD build

Being greek i had a simular problem actually.
(mind you, im not going to ask for any money mate ;D)
But i found some resin in a hardware store with powertools, paints etc
I asked for fiberglass resin and they were confused, not knowing what it was. Suddenly one of the people working there popped up saying "Did you mean plexiglass?" and apparently that helped.
As for "bondo" (putty), they gave me automotive body filler, which is practically what you want.
Your pep works looks absolutely stunning and im happy to see something other than the master chief/ODST/the occasional EOD build

Thanks for your help (My dad is greek... so I'm half greek half german ;D ). I'll have a look on the plexiglass.

Lookin' fantastic, you're really keeping those edges clean! It's been a while since I've seen pep work this clean.

I can't wait until I've moved into my new house... Just seeing how awesome this build is makes me want to get working!

So there are only two parts left to resin. One bicep and one thight. Pictures are coming tomorrow :D

So there are the pictures... I could not photograph everthing, but the most... in a week I will post more.
yghfy 048.JPGyghfy 049.JPGyghfy 051.JPGyghfy 050.JPGyghfy 052.JPGyghfy 053.JPG

WoW that is awesome. You built your forearms a lot better then I did.

- - - Updated - - -

what resin did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back