LilTyrant's HALO 4 ARMOR + Undersuit - **WIP**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LilTyrant's [ Foam HALO 4 ARMOR + Undersuit ] - **WIP**

Looking good Lil. You may want to compare sewing machine notes with Ashuraa I got her the mother of all sewing machines for christmas

Wow! I can't believe I missed the start of this thread. I always thought your Kat build was one of the highest noch builds here on the 405th. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Glad I could help with the reference. Here one more pic that I never uploaded because it's just a bunch of chopped up images, but you may find it useful: Link

I would be more than happy to provide you with whatever reference you need! Just give me the go ahead and I'll start setting it all up.

RobotChicken Awesome, thanks for the tip…I will definitely do that!

Mstruvmgc :) Thanks! Glad to see you're still around too!

Master Builder Thanks for the added link! I think I’m all set with reference for now, those original images you posted are super helpful!

UPDATE TIME:
I haven’t had a lot of free time this week, so I didn’t make as much progress as I would have liked…but I did make some mods to the pattern and start putting together what *hopefully* will be the final version:

Progress.jpg

The vinyl area will wind up getting mostly covered with foam armor bits, so that area looks a bit plain right now. Lots of pieces to go! o_O

-----

Next Up: Really hoping I can get this to a wearable stage soon…I’m dying to check fit and comfort! 'Til then...keep building!

Progress.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

*faints* Your posts always inspire me to up my sewing game. My undersuit definitely needs to be remade, and your undersuit is really making me eager to take another stab at it!

I was about to start a Destiny Titan, too! I had hoped to have time to make her before RTX, but the undersuit is definitely intimidating me, so I'm not sure if I'll make it in time. -_-;

I will be watching this thread closely!

Mstruvmgc :) Thanks! Glad to see you're still around too!

Yeah im still here in the shadows. :) ill come out to the light when i have a chance though lol.
By the way, how did you do that whole thing with mentioning me in a post. i must have missed the tutorial on that lol.

OMG the undersuit is looking great :)
You give me so many ideas.
Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the added link! I think I’m all set with reference for now, those original images you posted are super helpful!

Cool! Just keep in mind that I can also make armor reference images, so if you need more don't hesitate to ask.

alright, that's amazing! i'm definitely subscribing to this thread!

I'm not gonna lie, I read through pretty much the entire build of your Kat. Personally, if I can make armor a tenth as good as yours, I'll be happy. :) Amazing work, as always.

Thanks everyone for the love :)

*faints* Your posts always inspire me to up my sewing game. My undersuit definitely needs to be remade, and your undersuit is really making me eager to take another stab at it!
I was about to start a Destiny Titan, too! I had hoped to have time to make her before RTX, but the undersuit is definitely intimidating me, so I'm not sure if I'll make it in time. -_-;
I will be watching this thread closely!
Thank you! Your undersuit came out nice, you can totally rock the titan :)

By the way, how did you do that whole thing with mentioning me in a post. i must have missed the tutorial on that lol.

OMG the undersuit is looking great :)
You give me so many ideas.
Keep up the great work!
Thanks dude! There's a "mention" button in the "more reply options" but it's not working for me anymore :(. Before I could just put an "@" before someone's name, but that's not working now either...so I'm not sure now...

-----

UPDATE TIME!

Slowly making some progress on the top...

Progress_A.jpg

Progress_B.jpg

Some pieces are just pinned in place and I still need to add zippers, the right arm and the neck seal...but I was super excited to be able to try it on! Range of motion is still really good (I can raise my arm all the way and fully bend my elbow), so let's hope it stays that way once I get the other arm on!

----

Next Up: Hopefully I can finish up this undersuit top! Until next time, keep building :).

Progress_A.jpg

Progress_B.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing how much you improve from your first suit. Since the Mk 5 was one of the cleanist ones iv seen. I will admit iv used some of your techniques on my builds.

... I still haven't finished my first armor and you're on a second. Dang you work fast! Great work LilTyrant.
:) You will finish your armor eventually! Everyone has their own pace...there are definitely some people out there who seem to crank out armor like madness, so I feel like I work slow!

oooo very snazzy indeed :)
Its good to have range of motion. Is it comfortable to wear??
:D There are a few spots where the seams are a little itchy, so I will probably wind up wearing a tank top underneath it but other than that it's definitely comfortable. The fabric has some stretch to it and is super breathable, so no heat issues which is good!

----

UPDATE TIME

Not a ton of progress this week, but I did get the other arm done and add the neck seal.

Update_A.jpg

Update_B.jpg

I still need to sew in the rear zipper and add a closure to the front (right now some things are just pinned), but fit seems to be good! I'm not sure if I'm totally satisfied with the neck area, but I'm going to leave it for now and wait until I have the armor done to decide if any changes are needed.

That's all for now! :)

Update_A.jpg

Update_B.jpg

The neck seal looks useful, breathable and not too tight. I can't stand pressure on my throat walking wound in the armor all day.

I like the material for the elbow area, I'll have to hunt down something similar. Nice going.

Coming along nicely Lil. I really like that fabric. I might have to go to joannes this week and see if i can fine some lol.
Keep up the great work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back