Status
Not open for further replies.

Harri51

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S251
Hey all,
So since I was having a hard time with my Reach armor I took some time and really looked into the ODST Trooper. So instead of going crazy I figured something small. So fight now I am starting work on my weapons to go with my ODST build. I am starting out by using reference images and drafting the templates. Thanks to many people here I found out how to use cardboard and still get the foam look. So enough flapping my gums and here are the pics so far. Might be a lil slow due to i am moving my roommate and brother in while going through my divorce and moving her stuff out.

IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0149[1].JPG
IMG_0150[1].JPG
IMG_0151[1].JPG

Looking good. I hear you on the trying to get things figured out I also went through a divorce and moving around a lot. Sucks how life gets in the way of the fun stuff a lot. Keep up the good work.

Well my goal is to have my ODST done and ready by August 15th. That is the Twin Teirs Comic Con out near me so why not show up as the most BA halo trooper out there.

If I can be allowed a few suggestions,

I'd thicken the handle on the back by around half an inch to an inch. If you are making a removable magazine, it would give you more space to work with.
Also I would lenghten the suppresor a bit (the lasr sight is dead on by the way nice job with that!) and bee up the hand guard. Other than that your paper is really good.

I know I sound like I'm barging in and saying do this, do that but the proportions compared to the in game model seem kinda off. I already scratchbuilt two of these so I just wanted to point that out, here's an image of the gun
Halo3-ODST_Automag-Pistol-02.gif

I'm sorry if it seemed like I bashed your blueprint, I just want to help you make your build a little better.

I do wish you much good luck on your ODST build buddy!

If I can be allowed a few suggestions,

I'd thicken the handle on the back by around half an inch to an inch. If you are making a removable magazine, it would give you more space to work with.
Also I would lenghten the suppresor a bit (the lasr sight is dead on by the way nice job with that!) and bee up the hand guard. Other than that your paper is really good.

I know I sound like I'm barging in and saying do this, do that but the proportions compared to the in game model seem kinda off. I already scratchbuilt two of these so I just wanted to point that out, here's an image of the gun
View attachment 10175

I'm sorry if it seemed like I bashed your blueprint, I just want to help you make your build a little better.

I do wish you much good luck on your ODST build buddy!

Thanks for the critique. I did notice the handle so on my cut out on the cardboard i will be making the handle bigger. I thought the top section was to tall but I thought I was going crazy. But glad someone caught that. Been mad busy with other stuff to even start. I am hoping this weekend or next week sometime and get this ODST build into gear. It was hard to tell basing the size off my hand was all. I will make the revisions as I go.

Update time!

Going slow but again life is just another hurdle. trying some methods I came up with in my head. But I am liking how it is starting out. GO PICTURES!!!

IMG_0269[1].JPG
IMG_0280[1].JPG
IMG_0281[1].JPG

So basically all I have for now figuring on how I want to make the upper receiver. But all good things in due time. Might jump into the ODST armor as well, we shall soon see.

Well I am on huge focus on finishing the armor at the moment. Hopefully I can make the weapons for this trooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back