Halo 5 MC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith021

IMPACT FONT... BAM!---- PIC medium

Wort Wort Wort!!!!!

It has been too long since I have posted anything to the forum. So I thought I'd share a little bit of what I am up too. Recently school has taken over my life and eaten most of my time. With what little time I do have I am normally spending it with friends and family. I've been craving for some time now to make something, and now that I am on spring break I can start crafting. So here is what I planned to have build before the halo 5 premier. I will be using/ unfolding the OBJ files under the files archive for this build. Most of which I will be making foam templates for (WHICH I'VE NEVER DONE). So if anyone has anything to say about unfolding for Foam, to a noob, please doo sooooo. ;(
>
>
>
I want to construct some Halo 4/5 Master Chief armor for the Halo 5 midnight premier. most of the armor will be foam, with exception of the helmet and possible weapon. Also I will be constructing an under-suit for it at some point. However that is not the top of my agenda. I primarily would like to see myself finish the majority of the armor first. SO... Armor first, under-suit second. This will be a new step for me in costuming, seeing as I cant Fiberglass anymore I will have to improvise with new mediums. I am hoping that this project will help expand myself as an artist, as well as teach me a thing or two about hard work, time, and patience.
>
>
>

So enough of me talking, Lets get started!

Here is an early look (forgive me on the tiny quality!!!) of me unfolding the model a little while back.

GetAttachment%201_zpsmvi0bkhz.jpg

GetAttachment%202_zpsllqp3vka.jpg

(done unfolding!) now we get to the fun part!

So as I said earlier, because of school and being preoccupied I haven't been building. And when I do, I break for a good 3 to 4 months before I can even touch the damn thing again. Yikes! so these next pics are from back in December of 2014. Again sorry for them pics being so small....

GetAttachment%203_zpsb6yykwpj.jpg

GetAttachment%204_zpskwfw58ko.jpg

After completing the dome, I didn't touch the poor helmet for several months unfortunately.....

HOWEVER!>>>>

It's spring break! and that means lots of free time!

I present to yoou the finalization/beginning of my Master Chief Build!!!!

>
>
>
>

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5976_zps8dlo33uj.jpg

Early bird gets the worm!
>

Almost there!
>
>
>

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5978_zpsoaiikgaq.jpg

>
>
>
>

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5981_zpszkb8ukwo.jpg

Blam!

Drum Roll...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Tahhh DAAAhhhh!

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5982_zpsrvwh4pad.jpg

Here she is! And I am so excited!!!!! I will be needing to tweak it a bit because a part of the visor is slightly bent up. This is only noticeable from a frontal view, so I'll be attempting to fasion some struts to hold it in place and to give the pep some additional strength.
>
>
>
>
Side Shot

IMG_5993_zpseesifzlo.jpg

>
>
>

Here is what I meant about the little bend in the visor. Hopefully y'all can see it and I'm not going crazy... XD

To see it just line up your sights on the visor and hopefully you'll see it too.

IMG_5997_zpsttnnq8m5.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do to stop this it would be much appreciated.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I hope y'all enjoyed the pictures and will stay tuned on my build. I will be doing my best to keep this blog updated while in school. Hopefully this next term won't eat up my time as this last one did!

Take care fellow Spartans! See you in my next post! ^(^_^)^

GetAttachment%201_zpsmvi0bkhz.jpg

GetAttachment%202_zpsllqp3vka.jpg

GetAttachment%203_zpsb6yykwpj.jpg

GetAttachment%204_zpskwfw58ko.jpg

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5976_zps8dlo33uj.jpg

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5978_zpsoaiikgaq.jpg

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5981_zpszkb8ukwo.jpg

KEITHSPC%20-%20IMG_5982_zpsrvwh4pad.jpg

IMG_5993_zpseesifzlo.jpg

IMG_5997_zpsttnnq8m5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ow Ow Ow...

There goes the feeling in my fingers... You are beast at this man! :)

Keep it up! Cant wait to see more! :thumbsup
~Dystorted Props~

Man, that is some clean pep work, though I think I can see that it bends ever so slightly.

Dear god, that level of detail, and how clean that pep work is. I'm jealous, man. :D
That level of detail and how well it came out, that's humanly impossible XD

I think the file you're using has the visor tilted slightly up. i think if you look at some reference pictures of Chief's armor his visor does have a slight tilt to it.

If you did want to straighten it out though, you could always harden it first then go in with body filler to correct the angles.

WORT Wort worT!

Halo everyone! here is the update to the suit

So I'm finished with classes for the summer and am soooooooooooooooooooo excited about that. I haven't been able to post much or work on a whole lot due to school getting in the way... again... so for the most part there isn't much of an update. However I will show ya"ll what I've got so far.

To start, I want to say thank you all for all of the views and comments. I truly appreciate the support and interest from you all. I hope that you are enjoying the build as much as I am so far. :D

And now for the fun stuff!!!

>

>

>

>
PLEASE NOTE
The first thing I started to do after I finished classes was sporadically build stuff. in the midst of all the Halo 5 excitement and NATHAN FREAK'N FILLION being announced in the game I had to build an ODST mask. Unfortunately, I wasn't really thinking about what I was doing so when I sized this... it was a bit too small ;( BUT that doesn't mean that I won't see this project finished. So What I will be doing is I will make a second that is large enough for me, and I will complete the two side by side and I will gift it to my girlfriend for Christmas. I will be dedicating a separate page for these builds when I get around to it.

IMG_6766_zps04prvvaf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There will be moar to come sooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn ;)

>

>

>

>

>

>

MC Build HERE:
So what I have done so far for the helmet is reinforce the structure with just the polyurethane resin. I tried to fix Popsicle sticks in places into the helmet to secure it but I got frustrated and just went for the resin. I also burned a hole in my wallet and ordered some smooth on plastic to strengthen the inside. So I'll be waiting for that to arrive and then I will get back to working on that. Here are a few pictures of the process.

IMG_6774_zpssqalovxj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

>

>

>

IMG_6779_zpsb2mv5uha.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

>

>

>

>

ANd then BLAM!

IMG_6806_zpsq87vwppd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the helmet so far ladies and gentlemen! as I stated earlier, I'm now waiting for the Smooth on to arrive and I will get back to work on the helmet.

>

>

>

>

>

And nao for the newest piece to the build :D

IMG_6783_zpsj6ullrkt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In the middle of building... in bed XD This was what happened after classes ended. I've spent at least 3 days in a row (AND YES I HAVE MOVED AROUND In that time) of building. Cutting and gluing the ODST helmet, and the....

TORSO!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_6797_zpsiwv5rlxm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

>

IMG_6802_zps060n4eai.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

>

IMG_6800_zpsbbk5ajt2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

>
IMG_6803_zpsxsfuld4k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

>

IMG_6804_zpsdfiw0byx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So here is what I have so far!!!!! the torso is almost done and my fingers are done for a little while... I'm going to apply resin to this and use the smooth on for the chest as well, but the arms and legs of the build will be made of foam.

I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but I am having sooooo much fun building the chief.

>

>

>

That's it for nao! I hope you enjoyed the update and continue to support the endeavor!

>

>

:D

@Keith021
Nice build! I started My Halo 5 MC build shortly after seeing this thread, so you're a bit ahead ahead of me...
Do you work or just go to school full time? I work full time and it's one heck of a grind to keep up the pace on my pep build.

Its good clean pep work. What kind of paper are you using? Its got an odd yellow color too it.

It is actually just card stock that I picked up at Office Depot a while ago. I actually had to go get more card stock recently but unfortunately they didn't have the manila colour that I like, so the next update I'll be making, the peps will be used with white card stock instead of the manila/yellow colour.

@Keith021
Nice build! I started My Halo 5 MC build shortly after seeing this thread, so you're a bit ahead ahead of me...
Do you work or just go to school full time? I work full time and it's one heck of a grind to keep up the pace on my pep build.

I do attend school full time and I work part time on the weekends which makes things a little difficult to find a balance between pep work, homework, and bring home the paycheck work.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good, very clean!
Thank you! :)

That looks really cool how long did it take to make the helmet, when I made my first air assult pepakura helmet it took me about 20 or more hours of work so I'm guessing It would take me a loooong time for me to make a full suit

Guys this thread has been dead for over a year. What you posted is called a necro post. Please do not post on threads over a few months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back