Pepakura Unfolding help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyronix

Jr Member
Hi guys, not sure if this the correct forum to post this in but I really need some help with my Pepakura unfolding.

I'm currently working on a new model after many years, I do my modelling on SketchUp 2015, after saving as both a .DAE and .KMZ file, importing it into Pepakura this is what happens:

Importing

unfold2.png

Unfolding
unfold.png

Any help will be much appreciated :D Cheers!

-Vyronix

I looks like you might have unjoined edges in the 3D model before bringing in to Pepakura? (The red edges in Pepakura indicate open edges.) Try joining the faces that are supposed to be connected in the 3D model before bringing it in to Pepakura.

The first thing you need to do is adjust the scale. That is 1 piece of paper. Since that is a hand id make that 6 inches so make the width 152mm. That will make the pieces a lot bigger. Then you will need to join a lot of pieces together to make easier shapes. Take your time with it learn the program inside and out. or email me the file and I will start working on it right now,

- - - Updated - - -

The first thing you need to do is adjust the scale. That is 1 piece of paper. Since that is a hand id make that 6 inches so make the width 152mm. That will make the pieces a lot bigger. Then you will need to join a lot of pieces together to make easier shapes. Take your time with it learn the program inside and out. or email me the file and I will start working on it right now,

davidnicklas@ymail.com

Your normals are also inverted (dark shaded on the outside). Also you have some geometry broken up. You'll need to reweld all you vertices before importing, but it probably won't let you do that until you correct your normals. Also I'm not sure sketchup is capable of doing any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back